Coronavirus and the political situation

1 minute ago, Scott7 said:

Sturgeon’s body language in the two clips has every manifestation of falsehood and guilt.

The first minister said it was too soon to be comparing statistics while "still in the teeth of pandemic".

Oh really, i'm sure if they were better we would see her smug little face hailing it from the rooftops. 

Wake up Scotland before these numpties run the whole country over the cliff. 

Being in huge debt to the EU won't really be independence though, will it.

The centuries old union we share with England is mutually beneficial, economically and otherwise.  What benefit will the EU get from Scotland's membership?

7 hours ago, Scott7 said:

It’s the duty of parents to feed their children. If they can’t or won’t, they are incapable of parenting and their children should be put into the care of others who want to look after them.

Who would pay for that?  

21 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Who would pay for that?  

I don’t know the details but Local Authorities used to pay for fostering. Adopting parents pay their own way. 

I don’t object to paying for children to be properly fed but I object to feckless parents paying for expensive TV and ‘phone packages, smoking, drinking and wasting cash in nail bars and the like then coming to the Government  and charity to provide for their offspring. 

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I don’t know the details but Local Authorities used to pay for fostering. Adopting parents pay their own way. 

I don’t object to paying for children to be properly fed but I object to feckless parents paying for expensive TV and ‘phone packages, smoking, drinking and wasting cash in nail bars and the like then coming to the Government  and charity to provide for their offspring. 

As would anyone.  Just seems an odd objection to make 

So those economic gurus at the SNP have called for the Government to levy a windfall tax against companies profiting from the pandemic to fund economic recovery.

The Social Justice and Fairness Commission (SJFC) was set up by the party last year to map out how an independent Scotland would tackle inequality.

Addressing the SNP conference on Sunday, SJFC convener Shona Robison pushed for corporations who profited from the pandemic to aid the country’s recovery.

She said: “I believe it is essential that those businesses which have benefited the most through the pandemic also contribute to recovery, with the focus of that recovery on supporting those individuals and families who have been impacted most.

So, how much would this windfall tax raise i hear you ask?

The commission’s conclusion mirrors that of the Resolution Foundation, which said earlier this month that a 10% tax on above normal profits would raise £130 million. 

So £130m. If put into the context of the UK Govt borrowing for Covid being £349 billion it just provides another example of how out of touch with reality the SNP are with economic matters.