Coronavirus and the political situation

I see the ghost of Corbyn The Hesitant is alive and well in the current shadow cabinet. Apparently, Labour plans to abstain in the vote on Covid restrictions ... proving Labour still doesn't give a stuff what happens and remains the opportunistic shower of shit it always was.

Edited by Bill

16 hours ago, Bill said:

I see the ghost of Corbyn The Hesitant is alive and well in the current shadow cabinet. Apparently, Labour plans to abstain in the vote on Covid restrictions ... proving Labour still doesn't give a stuff what happens and remains the opportunistic shower of shit it always was.

What's the point of having a vote if they dont use it 

On 29/11/2020 at 17:54, stewarty said:

Who would pay for that?  

I will have to pay for it.

It's very sad but I can accept it.

What I can't accept is paying for free school meals to be provided to those who are perfectly capable of paying for their own.

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I will have to pay for it.

It's very sad but I can accept it.

What I can't accept is paying for free school meals to be provided to those who are perfectly capable of paying for their own.

Who says they are perfectly capable of paying for their own?

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

These debates are unwinnable. 

Those who object to free school meals for all tend to refer to things like expensive mobile phones/large plasma TVs/designer sportswear owned by some of the parents demanding it.  They have a point.  

Humans used to be resourceful creatures but that resourcefulness seems to be disappearing at an alarming rate.

18 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

John Swinney does.

The proposal is to provide free school meals to all primary pupils.

Of course you probably think that there are 800 billion children in Scotland and that all of them are starving.

Edited by ranger_syntax

5 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

John Swinney does.

The proposal is to provide free school meals to all primary pupils.

Of course you probably think that there are 800 billion children in Scotland and that all of them are starving.

Well if you resent folk getting anything for free you probably won't approve of people on adequate private pensions who also claim the state pension (the lowest in develped Europe by the way)which they don't need. Why pick on children?