Coronavirus and the political situation

Just reading a report on the current situation and the decline in Covid cases and the "experts" views on why this is happening, schools closure etc, but one sentence stood out from the Telegraph report that was leaked.

More than half of Covid hospital admissions are patients who only tested positive later, the Daily Telegraph reported, citing leaked data.

The newspaper said the leaked data for English NHS trusts showed that as of Thursday, just 44% of patients classed as being in hospital with Covid had tested positive when they were admitted.

So it seems hospitals are still not getting it right despite all the isolation safeguards, cancelled clinics and supposed upgraded cleaning regimes and 56% of people who have gone to hospital with another complaint are now Covid patients as well. Or am i looking at this wrong?  

3 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Just reading a report on the current situation and the decline in Covid cases and the "experts" views on why this is happening, schools closure etc, but one sentence stood out from the Telegraph report that was leaked.

More than half of Covid hospital admissions are patients who only tested positive later, the Daily Telegraph reported, citing leaked data.

The newspaper said the leaked data for English NHS trusts showed that as of Thursday, just 44% of patients classed as being in hospital with Covid had tested positive when they were admitted.

So it seems hospitals are still not getting it right despite all the isolation safeguards, cancelled clinics and supposed upgraded cleaning regimes and 56% of people who have gone to hospital with another complaint are now Covid patients as well. Or am i looking at this wrong?  

Having spent 4 months in hospital at the beginning of the pandemic  that does not in the slightest surprise me.

4 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

My wife's GP advised me right at the start of pandemic to keep out of hospital.

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

Having spent 4 months in hospital at the beginning of the pandemic  that does not in the slightest surprise me.

Yes but the dance videos were great

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

My wife's GP advised me right at the start of pandemic to keep out of hospital.

How ironic would it be if it turned out the NHS has killed as many people as it saved?

5 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

That's as bad as using the word 'guys' when some of us are gals.

True, except, on reflection, young women call other young women in their group “guys”.

The English language has had a terrible mangling since I was at school.