Coronavirus and the political situation

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If only our electorate was of a higher calibre. When given the reins of democracy, people freely elect leaders like Ahern, Sturgeon, Biden, Trudeau, Macron, etc. so it's debatable whether they deserve anything other than the shambles they get. At least the people of Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, etc don't have to bear that particular burden of responsibility. 

What did Trump and Blair do to get omitted from that list?

26 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

What did Trump and Blair do to get omitted from that list?

Trump lacked style and composure, conducted himself like a twat ... but was generally right about many of America's problems. Blair was a bastard of course but was a very competent bastard. I wouldn't vote for them but they did have some merits. The ones I mentions are just dross, imposters.

19 minutes ago, compo said:

Trump was never a politician but he was a deal maker and I think he could reach agreement with Putin instead of all this military posturing, were one slip could have dire consequences. 

Not being a politician was his principal virtue. In any case, since he will be the next POTUS, we should be grateful for the improvement he’ll bring to that office. 

Edited by Bill

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Not being a politician was his principal virtue. In any case, since he will be the next POTUS, we should be grateful for the improvement he’ll bring to that office. 

I saw somewhere that a US poll of Tump v Biden had Trump 6 points ahead and Trump v Harris he was 10 points ahead. 

13 hours ago, Bill said:

Meanwhile back in Blighty, I think Ruth Davidson has just holed Boris below the water line and ensured the early end of his premiership.

It should, but I suspect it wont have changed much beyond what is already in motion.  

13 hours ago, Bill said:

Meanwhile back in Blighty, I think Ruth Davidson has just holed Boris below the water line and ensured the early end of his premiership.

Got to hope so. The sooner he is gone the better for the country and for the union. He is an SNP dream. A total clown who should never have made it as far in politics as he did. Wish we could send him back to America.