Coronavirus and the political situation

I would be willing to put a hefty bet on Unionists paying more income tax than Nationalists do, in Scotland.

If they kill us all, how do they intend to continue providing free prescriptions and housing asylum seekers?

On 23/07/2020 at 11:59, stewarty said:

Jolyon Maugham QC is seeking a judicial review of a range of contracts awarded.    The government has form for awarding contracts to inappropriate suppliers, so this is of no surprise.   I can almost sympathise to an extent - we were in desperate need for PPE.  But it looks like there are signficant questions about the procurement process that government's follow.  Would it surprise anyone if we find that contracts were awarded to pals of the Tory party?  

This guys lost all credibility after his Brexit antics and fox murdering. 

Whatever happened to the daily media clamour for Covid data comparing the UK with other nations? 

"Everyone else has PPE" (they didn't).

"Everyone does more tests that us" (they don't).

"Everyone else is developing vaccines and we're not" (they weren't)

I must have missed Beff, Bob and Laura congratulating the govt on the work that's been done.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Whatever happened to the daily media clamour for Covid data comparing the UK with other nations? 

"Everyone else has PPE" (they didn't).

"Everyone does more tests that us" (they don't).

"Everyone else is developing vaccines and we're not" (they weren't)

I must have missed Beff, Bob and Laura congratulating the govt on the work that's been done.

It will be a cold night in hell before you hear that from any of them. 

Seriously, what sort of person books a foreign holiday in the middle of a global pandemic? Is it the same sort of person who is outraged when asked to self-isolate for 14 days when they return from Spain?

Is the level of entitlement in this country so out of control that some people can't do without a foreign holiday for a year? I haven't a shred of sympathy.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

self-isolate for 14 days

Government can say that is the rule but who the hell is going to enforce it?the police?the army?nosy neighbours?-----impossible to expect those idiots returning to self police!!!!.

9 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Government can say that is the rule but who the hell is going to enforce it?the police?the army?nosy neighbours?-----impossible to expect those idiots returning to self police!!!!.

Very true. If they're self-serving to the extent they think jetting off to Spain is a good idea then the chances of them respecting other people's health are probably non-existent.