Jump to content

 

 

Coronavirus and the political situation


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

There isn't one single health service in the world be it State or Private systems that can "cope" with what's currently happening, some will be better managing it than others and that's as good as it'll ever get.

I don´t think anyone would disagree with that as per current situation.

 

But the state of various HS´s would be at differing levels regards the capacity/ability to deal with a major crisis. At a political level, the time to consider these questions will be further down the line but that doesn´t stop punters on a messageboard bringing the subject up.

 

The management of the HS during a crisis is obviously hugely important and is currently the variable that will have a huge bearing on using resources available that gets their country to the best possible mitigation

Edited by buster.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see you Buster returning from your period of self imposed isolation :) I for one have missed your pontificating, lecturing and attempts to save us Brits from the error of our ways from the sun kissed Spain. :P

 

Silly me eh, thinking that a virus that started as a result of China's medieval approach to hygiene and which the Chinese themselves originally labelled the Wuhan Virus and the Chinese State controlled apparatus of the Communist Party threatened, harassed and extracted a false confession from the brave Chinese Doctor who tried in vain to warn the World of the impending catastrophe (that would condemn God knows how many people around the World to a horrible death) then instigated a cover up. How the f*&k could I ever think it had anything to with the Chinese State or the Chinese Communist Party, fit am I like eh? :facepalm: 

 

No doubt it's a Neo-Liberal/Capitalist/Imperialist/Trump/Jjewish/CIA/Mossad/MI5/MI6/Tory Party conspiracy against the brave,glorious, democratic Chinese Communist Party.

 

How dare they ,how dare they, the bastards!! :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

There isn't one single health service in the world be it State or Private systems that can "cope" with what's currently happening, some will be better managing it than others and that's as good as it'll ever get.

Exactly.  In a time like this I think it’s unfair to make comparisons as healthcare professionals, and governments, are drinking through firehoses.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, craig said:

He has absolutely no idea if he would have died if he had been in Britain, none whatsoever.  Nothing more than a snidey dig at the UK NHS with absolutely no foundation whatsoever.  Was he ever treated for COVID-19 in the UK ?  Didn't think so.

 

The number of times you say things with no foundation as if they are fact :rolleyes:

It was Gonzo saying Italy was worse as if it was a fact. My mate's illness was nothing to do with Covid-19; he had a form of Lyme's disease. I know from personal experience how the NHS has been run down. So does my wife who was misdiagnosed multiple times. I had to go to Harley Street to get the right diagnosis which was a rare form of hypothyroidism. What the health service is like in Bermuda I have no idea. My mate's cousin - resident in Britain - needed a hernia operation. He was told to wait 4 months so he asked his mum to book him into a hospital in Italy. It was done right away. Just saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Nice to see you Buster returning from your period of self imposed isolation :) I for one have missed your pontificating, lecturing and attempts to save us Brits from the error of our ways from the sun kissed Spain. :P

 

Silly me eh, thinking that a virus that started as a result of China's medieval approach to hygiene and which the Chinese themselves originally labelled the Wuhan Virus and the Chinese State controlled apparatus of the Communist Party threatened, harassed and extracted a false confession from the brave Chinese Doctor who tried in vain to warn the World of the impending catastrophe (that would condemn God knows how many people around the World to a horrible death) then instigated a cover up. How the f*&k could I ever think it had anything to with the Chinese State or the Chinese Communist Party, fit am I like eh? :facepalm: 

 

No doubt it's a Neo-Liberal/Capitalist/Imperialist/Trump/Jjewish/CIA/Mossad/MI5/MI6/Tory Party conspiracy against the brave,glorious, democratic Chinese Communist Party.

 

How dare they ,how dare they, the bastards!! :ph34r:

Now who's making political capital out of this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, forlanssister said:

Who started the thread? :facepalm:9_9

Me. I am quite happy to make political capital as I've said elsewhere - it is a political issue as in everything. But you don't think we should, given that BJ originally wanted to go down the route of so-called herd immunity until it was exposed for the fallacy it was. And we must not criticise the grand master now must we?

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

It was Gonzo saying Italy was worse as if it was a fact

That's shite.

 

Buster asked what it would look like if a health service was overrun and unable to cope and I replied Italy.

 

Are you saying the Italian health service isn't overrun and is coping well? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

Me. I am quite happy to make political capital as I've said elsewhere - it is a political issue as in everything. But you don't think we should, given that BJ originally wanted to go down the route of so-called herd immunity until it was exposed for the fallacy it was. And we must not criticise the grand master now must we?

Criticise who you want it's not as if this forum is like the anti-free speech Corbynite Labour Party is it?

 

Every government battling this horrible situation will make mistakes no matter what country, no matter where they are on the political spectrum, however the fact remains that Communism delivered this crisis to the world and Capitalism will deliver the solution. Whether you like it or not at some point herd immunity will come into play if doesn't then we're all fu*&ked anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Nice to see you Buster returning from your period of self imposed isolation :) I for one have missed your pontificating, lecturing and attempts to save us Brits from the error of our ways from the sun kissed Spain. :P

 

Silly me eh, thinking that a virus that started as a result of China's medieval approach to hygiene and which the Chinese themselves originally labelled the Wuhan Virus and the Chinese State controlled apparatus of the Communist Party threatened, harassed and extracted a false confession from the brave Chinese Doctor who tried in vain to warn the World of the impending catastrophe (that would condemn God knows how many people around the World to a horrible death) then instigated a cover up. How the f*&k could I ever think it had anything to with the Chinese State or the Chinese Communist Party, fit am I like eh? :facepalm: 

 

No doubt it's a Neo-Liberal/Capitalist/Imperialist/Trump/Jjewish/CIA/Mossad/MI5/MI6/Tory Party conspiracy against the brave,glorious, democratic Chinese Communist Party.

 

How dare they ,how dare they, the bastards!! :ph34r:

I see my one-liner hit a nerve ?

 

Free tip: Stay away from the window in case the authorities see you foam at the keyboard and send the white van round !! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.