Coronavirus and the political situation

Just now, forlanssister said:

I've no desire to pander to the wishes of the Chinese Communist Party but carry on regardless as political correctness must transcend mere facts in your Neo-Liberal free, non-Capitalist New World Order.

I´ve no desire to continue this futile conversation.

55 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

A good example of what I am talking about. She was objecting to their class status not their race or religion but that does not suit the narrative. The Chief Rabbi has virtually said that the position of the Jews is a special case and racism against them should be regarded differently. I can think of nothing more racist than that view. In comparison to afro-Caribbeans and Asians in the UK, discrimination and abuse directed towards Jews is very minor. Oh and the Chief Rabbi is a member of the Tory party so there is a clear agenda there.

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

A good example of what I am talking about. She was objecting to their class status not their race or religion but that does not suit the narrative. The Chief Rabbi has virtually said that the position of the Jews is a special case and racism against them should be regarded differently. I can think of nothing more racist than that view. In comparison to afro-Caribbeans and Asians in the UK, discrimination and abuse directed towards Jews is very minor. Oh and the Chief Rabbi is a member of the Tory party so there is a clear agenda there.

Jesus wept.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Surely you want the best person for the job.  Why bring sex and skin colour into it?

That's exactly the sort of attitude that is losing Labour votes in their previously easy to win constituencies and yet many, like yourself, just don't get it...or don't want to get it.

Of course I want the best person but I was taunted about the number of Asians at high level in the LP; same goes for women. I don't believe in tokenism but I would like to see a female leader. Not quite the same thing. I don't think any of the lost constituencies were influenced by political incorrectness though.

2 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I don't think any of the lost constituencies were influenced by political incorrectness though.

We can agree to disagree on that.  People in places like Burnley, Sunderland and much of central Scotland have abandoned the LP and the whole promotion of minorities and comments like the one made about 'white van man' by Thornberry are undoubtedly contributory factors.

Here's a good example of what I am talking about:

https://www.ft.com/content/b7a21a16-6a1f-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3?fbclid=IwAR18kJIiukt_iip7oDHU6SXiM4CsUZy_Sf-RjYMEOIAE_-d79F7Q37I0vVo

Profit first. Also in Italy, the government was slow to close the factories. I Thousands of workers rubbing shoulders in the dense cities. It took waves of strikes to force them to act with the result that Italy may now be overtaking China in cases. Again, profit first when the only concern should be safety.

57 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Jesus wept.

I don’t know why you bother. Some cases are just hopeless. Feeling a need to start a topic like this was a sure sign of incurable derangement.