2 hours ago, bluedan said:

I'm yet to convince my gf on Dr Peterson but I'm wearing her down. I think she's read the "he's the belle of the Alt right" tripe and taken it at face value. I keep telling her that isn't what he's about and she's watching more of him now. 

I think he's great, I watch that Cathy Newman interview at least once every couple of weeks. 

The Gulag is a tough read. There's so much to it. 

Have you tried Douglas Murray yet? 

The Gulag must have been an even tougher write when you think how hew wrote and rewrote it in secret while a prisoner and smuggled it out to the west.

2 hours ago, bluedan said:

I'm yet to convince my gf on Dr Peterson but I'm wearing her down. I think she's read the "he's the belle of the Alt right" tripe and taken it at face value. I keep telling her that isn't what he's about and she's watching more of him now. 

I think he's great, I watch that Cathy Newman interview at least once every couple of weeks. 

The Gulag is a tough read. There's so much to it. 

Have you tried Douglas Murray yet? 

Of Douglas Murray,I've only read the Strange Death of Europe and didn't read it at all well, stretched over about three months of repeatedly picking up and putting down. I need to go back to it and take it all in this time. What did you take from it?

Edited by Bill

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I have a pal (not so much nowadays), whose politics resembles that of Owen Jones - he told me that Peterson is a fraud but couldn't explain why.

Best recommendation I could give is to read and listen to him yourself.

I've watched a few of his interviews and he came across quite well.  

I had him down as someone there to provide advice to men who are doubting themselves and their existence. 

I know I'm a terrific, handsome guy, so don't need any help.  ?

28 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I've watched a few of his interviews and he came across quite well.  

I had him down as someone there to provide advice to men who are doubting themselves and their existence. 

I know I'm a terrific, handsome guy, so don't need any help.  ?

I've heard that too Gonzo ;) 

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Of Douglas Murray,I've only read the Strange Death of Europe and didn't read it at all well, stretched over about three months of repeatedly picking up and putting down. I need to go back to it and take it all in this time. What did you take from it?

I'm about half way through strange death of Europe. It's a cracking book that addresses the issues that the majority of media, politicians and liberal elite just flat out want to ignore. 

He does a great job of mapping out the origins of the migration influx. 

I haven't enjoyed it as much as the madness of crowds though. I actually got that on Audible and Murray narrates it himself which is very cool. 

8 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I have a pal (not so much nowadays), whose politics resembles that of Owen Jones - he told me that Peterson is a fraud but couldn't explain why.

Owen Jones ??‍♂️

The calmness Peterson displays when he debates and often challenged pretty vociferously on his views shows what a master he is with the knowledge to back it up. 

The GQ interview is worth a look at, he's in a bit of a grump on that one, apparently due to the coldness he was shown by the interviewer before they started. So when he was challenged he came out all guns blazing.