What is the best Rangers XI?

I'm trying to foster a wee bit of discussion in this quiet spell. 

What is the best Rangers XI?

The team has to be comprised of the best players in those positions - you can't just stick Gough, Butcher, Weir and Amoruso etc. in a back four! 

You can choose your own formation, but the players need to fit into that formation - so, having McCoist as a lone striker would perhaps not work as well as having him playing alongside Hateley, for example. 

It will inevitable be limited to players of 'your generation'. 

Mine would be (4-2-3-1):

McGregor

Hutton - Weir - Amoruso - Van Bronckhorst

Ferguson - Hemdani 

Laudrup - DeBoer - Albertz

Wallace

I went with Wallace because I think the formation requires someone with a bit of pace and movement. I loved Mols, but I don't think he can play on his own. 

Not sure about Albertz wide Left, though. I wanted a bit of bite and control in the middle, so I went with Hemdani, but I could move Albertz back and go with McCann or Kanchelskis wide left. 

DeBoer just shades Windass... :D 

Ok here’s my go , and given I’m 53 I get a wee bit more scope .

Goram

Gary Stevens.             Richard Gough.             Terry Butcher.           Arthur Numan 

Souness.                 Barry Ferguson 

brian laudrup                     Iain durrant.                               Davie Cooper 

Michael Mols .

I would've liked Souness in my team. 

Can Mols play on his own up top? 

Numan over Van Bronckhorst is interesting. Numan is the better defender, I suppose. I want my Full-backs high and wide!

40 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

I'm almost 70 and followed since 1963 so here goes.

Klos

Jardine Gough McKinnon Papac

Durrant Mendes Baxter

Henderson Prso Cooper

Papac over Gio or Numan?

Forgot about Mendes; tidy player, that brought control and creativity. 

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I'm trying to foster a wee bit of discussion in this quiet spell. 

What is the best Rangers XI?

The team has to be comprised of the best players in those positions - you can't just stick Gough, Butcher, Weir and Amoruso etc. in a back four! 

You can choose your own formation, but the players need to fit into that formation - so, having McCoist as a lone striker would perhaps not work as well as having him playing alongside Hateley, for example. 

It will inevitable be limited to players of 'your generation'. 

Mine would be (4-2-3-1):

McGregor

Hutton - Weir - Amoruso - Van Bronckhorst

Ferguson - Hemdani 

Laudrup - DeBoer - Albertz

Wallace

I went with Wallace because I think the formation requires someone with a bit of pace and movement. I loved Mols, but I don't think he can play on his own. 

Not sure about Albertz wide Left, though. I wanted a bit of bite and control in the middle, so I went with Hemdani, but I could move Albertz back and go with McCann or Kanchelskis wide left. 

DeBoer just shades Windass... :D 

Replace van Bronkhorst with Hemdani and put Numan at LB :thup:

24 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Goram

Steven  Gough  Butcher  Numan

Laudrup  Ferguson  Gio  Albertz

McCoist  Hateley

Steven or Stevens BD ?

That would be close to my team too - very strong team.  I would probably replace Ferguson with Gazza though.... and I would love to squeeze Mols into that team as I thought he was a fantastic striker - but I don't think he would work well with McCoist and how do you drop our higest ever goalscorer ?  Loved Albertz but would also consider Neil McCann on the left hand side - he as a fine, fine player too.

Would maybe have Kevin Thomson instead of Van Bronkhorst (that one specifically for you Rousseau) :D