What is the best Rangers XI?

It always amazes me in these topics about best Rangers teams that there's never room for a man who was club captain for 12 years, made 755 competitive appearances for the club, scored 120 goals, captained his country and was one of the best players I ever saw.

25 minutes ago, craig said:

Steven or Stevens BD ?

That would be close to my team too - very strong team.  I would probably replace Ferguson with Gazza though.... and I would love to squeeze Mols into that team as I thought he was a fantastic striker - but I don't think he would work well with McCoist and how do you drop our higest ever goalscorer ?  Loved Albertz but would also consider Neil McCann on the left hand side - he as a fine, fine player too.

Would maybe have Kevin Thomson instead of Van Bronkhorst (that one specifically for you Rousseau) :D

Stevens. I realised my mistake and came on to correct it.

Gazza? How could I forget him. He'd replace Gio.

I'd like to get Mols in too, but he just didn't do for a long enough period for me. If I was to replace Albertz with a winger, I'd probably go Walters instead of McCann (or Cooper)

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

It always amazes me in these topics about best Rangers teams that there's never room for a man who was club captain for 12 years, made 755 competitive appearances for the club, scored 120 goals, captained his country and was one of the best players I ever saw.

I just don't remember him playing. I have a vague recollection of seeing him on the TV, but can't remember him or Jardine well enough to include in my team. I saw a bit more of Jardine, but again, don't really remember his performances too well.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Gio at left back? Did he ever play left back for us?

2 hours ago, craig said:

Replace van Bronkhorst with Hemdani and put Numan at LB :thup:

Did he not start at LB, then get pushed forward?

Nevertheless, Numan is a better option. 

5 hours ago, rbr said:

Ok here’s my go , and given I’m 53 I get a wee bit more scope .

Goram

Gary Stevens.             Richard Gough.             Terry Butcher.           Arthur Numan 

Souness.                 Barry Ferguson 

brian laudrup                     Iain durrant.                               Davie Cooper 

Michael Mols .

I'm 53 also and i wouldn't disagree with any of your choices. Imagine if SG had these players at his disposal !!!

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Not everyone is as old as you :ninja:

I'll have a go at the impossible task .........

Andy Goram

Sandy Jardine             Richard Gough           Derek Johnstone           Eric Caldow

John Greig         Paul Gascoigne          Jim Baxter

Willie Henderson         Ally McCoist         Brian Laudrup