Let's have a vote! The Greatest Rangers side

The greatest Rangers side?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What's the greatest Rangers side?

• Rangers '59-64: Ritchie, Shearer, Provan, Greig, McKinnon, Baxter, Henderson, McMillan, Millar, Brand, Wilson
    • Rangers '71/72: McCloy, Jardine, Mathieson, Greig, Johnstone, Smith, McLean, Conn, Stein, MacDonald, Johnston
    • Rangers '75-78: McCloy, Jardine, Jackson, Greig, Forsyth, McLean, Russell, MacDonald, Cooper, Johnstone, Smith
    • Rangers '91-93: Goram, Brown, Gough, McPherson, Robertson, McCall, Ferguson, Durant, Murray / Steven (?), McCoist, Hateley
    • Rangers '94-97: Goram, Cleland, Robertson, Gough, McLaren, Brown, Gascoigne, Ferguson, McCall, Laudrup, McCoist / Durie
    • Rangers '98-00: Klos, Reyna, Moore, Vidmar, Numan, Kanchelskis, Ferguson, Van Bronckhorst, Albertz, Wallace, Dodds
    • Rangers '01-03: Klos, Ricksen, Amoruso, Moore, Numan, Ferguson, DeBoer, Malcolm, Arveladze, McCann, Mols
    • Rangers '07/08: Alexander, Broadfoot, Weir, Cuellar, Papac, Whittaker, Ferguson, Hemdani, Thomson, Davis, Darcheville

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

@MacK1950 - What are you playing at?! You picked the '01-03 side?!

giphy.gif

Because of the players in it,would have picked the59-64 side if it had Caldow in it although Provan was a decent player I felt Caldow was better.

Before anyone asks I did go and see all those players playing.

I am at a loss between the 91-93 team - that 92/93 season and the run in the inaugural Champions League will forever live with me - having the privilege of being at Ibrox for the Leeds 2-1 game , the main stand bouncing pre-game, listening to a pin drop when McAllister stuck that thing in the top corner in the first minute, no away fans (the few that made it in made themselves known quickly and got fists in faces :D ), the comeback.... and then the group stages and being one goal away from the final....

But it is hard to overlook a team that has both Gascoigne & Laudrup, along with McCoist and Gough, is tough to look past.

It is definitely a generational vote because without having witnessed the earlier teams in the flesh, we can only go on those teams we have witnessed :ninja: 

1 hour ago, craig said:

It is definitely a generational vote because without having witnessed the earlier teams in the flesh, we can only go on those teams we have witnessed :ninja: 

Precisely why I suggested at the outside that anyone of immature years like yourself should be ineligible ?

11 hours ago, craig said:

I am at a loss between the 91-93 team - that 92/93 season and the run in the inaugural Champions League will forever live with me - having the privilege of being at Ibrox for the Leeds 2-1 game , the main stand bouncing pre-game, listening to a pin drop when McAllister stuck that thing in the top corner in the first minute, no away fans (the few that made it in made themselves known quickly and got fists in faces :D ), the comeback.... and then the group stages and being one goal away from the final....

But it is hard to overlook a team that has both Gascoigne & Laudrup, along with McCoist and Gough, is tough to look past.

Thats where Im at except Im including Advocaats first 2 years as well where I thought they were nearing going to another level. Plus for me personally thats when I started my season ticket so I did see this side in the flesh far more than the others.

92-93:

Champions League Run.

44 game unbeaten run.

Domestic Treble (and same players got the double the previous and next season).

A Real Battle of Britain win both home and away.

Provided the Golden boot winner.

95-97:

9 IAR and continuous domestic honours.

Gascoigne & Laudrup were like a wet dream! Plus the Goalie and Coisty on top form and the Hammer coming in. 

This was the side on display when I started going regularly so much fond memories.

Only downside was under achieving in Europe.

98-00:

Going to another level to compete with the best in Europe.

Ripped up things Domestically.

Some absolute quality players.

Mols - One of the most enjoyable players pre-injury. I thought Amato was quality but Advacaat said Mols is coming in to replace him - everyone was like 'who'?

Very hard decision to make. But Im swaying at 92-93 as greatest. 95-97 as favourite.

Edited by Gribz