Season ticket renewals

28 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

You want our staff furloughed? No not for me 

I’d rather we looked after our staff at these times

We are being asked for ST money at same time every year, the club have to try & plan for next season as normal. I would have thought that was self explanatory

In principle I agree that furloughing staff would be a little unpalatable.  If that could be achieved by the higher earners taking pay cuts then I am all for it.  However, if our rivals, Celtic in particular, are furloughing staff and, effectively, saving themselves money then we are pushing then, unwittingly, further ahead of us financially.  Obviously this depends on whether their players are taking paycuts as well or if they continue to pa them full salary.  Ironic that they hate all things British, and Tories particularly,  but more than happy to accept handouts from that same Tory government....

3 minutes ago, craig said:

In principle I agree that furloughing staff would be a little unpalatable.  If that could be achieved by the higher earners taking pay cuts then I am all for it.  However, if our rivals, Celtic in particular, are furloughing staff and, effectively, saving themselves money then we are pushing then, unwittingly, further ahead of us financially.  Obviously this depends on whether their players are taking paycuts as well or if they continue to pa them full salary.  Ironic that they hate all things British, and Tories particularly,  but more than happy to accept handouts from that same Tory government....

I don't see why furloughing staff is unpalatable. Most companies, even profitable ones (which we are not) will be doing it. We are a loss making company that has financial restraints and why shouldn't we use the funding that's available?

Is it through some loyalty towards HMRC, given the favourable way they've treated us in the past? ?

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't see why furloughing staff is unpalatable. Most companies, even profitable ones (which we are not) will be doing it. We are a loss making company that has financial restraints and why shouldn't we use the funding that's available?

Is it through some loyalty towards HMRC, given the favourable way they've treated us in the past? ?

It is a personal preference to not have to rely on others.  It is unpalatable to me personally.

At the end of the day, government have provided the bailout and companies, including Rangers, are certainly entitled to make use of it.

Being a loss making company I imagine times are going to be very tough for you guys BD and even moreso with travel completely locked down.  Hope youre well my friend.

21 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Why is furloughing our staff not looking after them?

If necessary, the club can make up the other 20% of their pay and they are no worse off but we have saved 80% of their salary while they are not working. Why would you rather the club incurred the cost if they are not working rather than having it financed by the government? Surely those at the club realise that?

I've already highlighted why this isn't like any other season and the financial issues that the support have. The club can't even tell us if or when the season will start and they're wanting our cash, without apparently taking any steps to mitigate the situation. 

The club appear to be treating it as a normal season and don't appear to be taking account of the fans, which was the whole point of the OP.

Perhaps you're lucky enough not to be financially impacted by the current crisis but there will be many who are but you and the club don't seem to be in the slightest concerned about them.

I’ve lost my second income and my Mrs has been furloughed mate, we have three season tickets to pay. So It has hugely impacted me 

I do however understand the club’s position. Before we go ott with criticism of them why not wait and see what plans they announce, I’m hoping it’s all relative to the current predicament 

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Being a loss making company I imagine times are going to be very tough for you guys BD and even moreso with travel completely locked down.  Hope youre well my friend.

Very difficult at the moment, Craig. No cash coming in for the next few months and trying not to make anyone redundant. We're a profitable group but this is proving to be a very trying time. Far worse than anything we've had in the past. However we're all well, which is the main thing at the present time.

I'm fairly surprised the club haven't done more when the government money is there but I suspect they will be doing so for good reasons rather than looking the other way. 

Beginning renewals next week (or perhaps the following one) is fair enough to bring in funds as per usual but without knowing what's even happening to the rest of this season, never mind next, fans will be reluctant to spend upwards of £400 without knowing where their cash is going. More so, if the players are still earning millions. 

I have sympathy for the players (a contract is a contract) but I guess we will soon see who is willing to lose some money for the good of the club. 

18 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I'm fairly surprised the club haven't done more when the government money is there but I suspect they will be doing so for good reasons rather than looking the other way. 

Beginning renewals next week (or perhaps the following one) is fair enough to bring in funds as per usual but without knowing what's even happening to the rest of this season, never mind next, fans will be reluctant to spend upwards of £400 without knowing where their cash is going. More so, if the players are still earning millions. 

I have sympathy for the players (a contract is a contract) but I guess we will soon see who is willing to lose some money for the good of the club. 

Time for leaders to lead I would say.

24 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I wouldn't count on many of the players volunteering to take a cut or worrying about the good of the club. The whole culture of professional football is one of self-interest and our lot will be no different. I don't necessarily blame them but I certainly don't expect any altruism from them. They might grudgingly accept it if the club takes the decision but I suspect that's about it. What it will do to squad morale by the time they're asked to play again is anyone's guess but it might expose why we haven't yet been able to play for more than half a season. On the other hand perhaps they'll surprise me.

I’m sorry but why the fuck are footballers treated any differently to any other man or woman , their contracts are exactly the same in principle , these people earn more in a week than some guys earn yearly , yet we some how feel sympathy for them or give them a bye .

In situations such as the one we are going through they should be leading from the front , if things go badly across Europe , many will simply have their contracts ripped up as lucrative Tv deals are cancelled and clubs go to the wall. 

This is situation is not going to end anytime soon .Even when the infection rate slows , public gatherings will be slowly introduced and monitored, the idea that 50, 000 people can make their way to a single destination and interact with god know how many people is just ridiculous .

UEFA have shown themselves up to be way behind the 8 ball on this one .