Season ticket renewals

8 minutes ago, compo said:

There's more important things than football and season tickets  right now .

If you have a diminished income and the club are asking you to stump up £400, it probably is quite important (particularly if you don't want to miss out on our first title win in a decade). 

53 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If you have a diminished income and the club are asking you to stump up £400, it probably is quite important (particularly if you don't want to miss out on our first title win in a decade). 

The way our lads have performed in the league this year they would be pushed to win the old amateur city suburban league ?

13 hours ago, Walterbear said:

If staff are currently working for the club they cannot be furloughed. Maybe that’s the explanation. Maintenance, ground keeping season ticket prep etc. I’ve no idea. Just a thought. 

You can only be furloughed if you were in post as off the 28th February this year , also there is nothing to stop a good employer paying their staff 100% of their income , bad employers imho , like mine , are paying the minimum, I took the furlough because some of my colleagues with young families simply couldn’t afford it .

The world as we know it , business , employment have changed forever , who knows how long real life as we knew it will take to come back if at all .

1 hour ago, rbr said:

there is nothing to stop a good employer paying their staff 100% of their income , bad employers imho , like mine , are paying the minimum, 

Some employers, like mine, are paying the minimum because the other alternative is redundancies, which we'd prefer not to do. It doesn't make them a bad employer per se, but the circumstances obviously differ from company to company.

On 03/04/2020 at 09:30, Bluedell said:

We need the club to tell us what's happening and to take action to show us that they are doing everything they can to manage the situation.

Assuming that there really are people who need this information there is no hurry to release it.

On 03/04/2020 at 09:43, Bill said:

Great post. I think players earning above an appropriate threshold should have wages cut immediately - I don't know what that threshold should be but it seems right that players earning lesser amounts should have relatively smaller reductions. Without sight of detailed employee costs it's hard to say what scope exists for other staff cost reductions but, while everyone would like to protect our employees, the club needs protection too or there will be no jobs for anyone.

It's disappointing but entirely typical that football's ruling bodies are failing to provide any leadership in this matter. That said, responsibility for Rangers lies with the Rangers board.

It's a matter for the club and players to decide between themselves.

People always talk about this as if footballers don't run up monthly outgoings like anyone else.

Who is to say what any given football player can afford to concede?