Season ticket renewals

On 03/04/2020 at 13:44, Tannochsidebear said:

Any player should have their wages capped during this outbreak at £3Kpw. The difference between that and their normal contracted wage will go to keep the club safe throughout this process.

Every player should be able to live off £150Kpa, bearing in mind if they have been even the slightest bit responsible they will have significant savings put away, We are all in the normal world having to use savings to get us through this, why should the highest paid people in the country not have to? They are not being asked to go to the front line of the NHS, to take up jobs in supermarkets or voluntary work delivering essentials to pensioners and vulnerable people, they are merely being asked to live off less for a while, for the greater good.

Rangers, Celtic & the entire top two leagues in England, should not be eligible for these handouts, for which we as taxpayers will be paying through the nose for, for many years to come through increased taxation. 

I was giving this some careless thought too.

The first thing that occurred to me was that your income should be limited to thirty pounds per week.

23 hours ago, Bluedell said:

The club appear to be treating it as a normal season and don't appear to be taking account of the fans, which was the whole point of the OP.

Perhaps you're lucky enough not to be financially impacted by the current crisis but there will be many who are but you and the club don't seem to be in the slightest concerned about them.

Can we really say anything about how the club appear to be handling it?

The announcement has yet to happen.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Can we really say anything about how the club appear to be handling it?

The announcement has yet to happen.

We would surely have heard if they had put staff onto furlough. There must be some staff sitting at home not working.

Action should have been taken as soon as the lockdown was announced.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Can't wait to renew.

I'll pay in full first chance I get.

Lucky you.

It's great if you can do that without a second thought but what about those who are in financial difficulty at the moment?

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Some employers, like mine, are paying the minimum because the other alternative is redundancies, which we'd prefer not to do. It doesn't make them a bad employer per se, but the circumstances obviously differ from company to company.

Understand that mate , but some companies like mine made over £96 million profit last year 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

We would surely have heard if they had put staff onto furlough. There must be some staff sitting at home not working.

Action should have been taken as soon as the lockdown was announced.

Pretty sure you were referring to the season ticket announcement in the section I quoted.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

It's great if you can do that without a second thought but what about those who are in financial difficulty at the moment?

This is not a unique transaction.

If someone can't afford it then the same rules apply.

My personal recommendation is to pay for most things when you have enough cash to buy them.

8 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Pretty sure you were referring to the season ticket announcement in the section I quoted.

Pretty sure I was referring to the OP. 

8 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

This is not a unique transaction.

If someone can't afford it then the same rules apply.

My personal recommendation is to pay for most things when you have enough cash to buy them.

As helpful a post as the gloating tone about your financial position in your previous post was.

My emotional connection to the purchase of my season ticket does make it a unique transaction. It's a shame you don't feel the same. 

6 hours ago, Bluedell said:

As helpful a post as the gloating tone about your financial position in your previous post was.

My emotional connection to the purchase of my season ticket does make it a unique transaction. It's a shame you don't feel the same. 

My goodness.  I can't say that I have used a gloating tone anywhere but I suppose these things are in the eye of the beholder.

Lets look at things from a different angle as I don't think it will help you if I continue to state the blindingly obvious.

Could it be that you are worried that someone will not be able to renew a season ticket prior to the closing date for renewals?  If so then any criticism can wait until the closing date has been announced.