When next season eventually comes, impact on transfer fees?

No matter when we start another football season , surely the impact that this Covid crisis has had on society , surely to god football must come to its senses over transfer fees and the way it has done business , this will surely change football from the present and for a good few years , thoughts .

56 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Football is an entertainment industry.  As long as the TV money is there, nothing much will change.  

Your working on , 1-that this season is played to a conclusion and that present Tv contracts are honoured in full , and I suspect ,2- that next season carries on in exactly the same form and number of games as is usual .

Both are very highly unlikely , plus the threat of the Champions league , europa league being cancelled, and also the loss of revenue that clubs are already experiencing , I just can’t see it .

The latest rumour is that attendances will be vastly reduced due to social distancing , another hit to clubs , how will they administer that , especially clubs like ours with a high season ticket number .

30 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

At least my son and I sit together so hopefully okay?:rfc:

That’s part of my point , who’s to say you would both get in , if attendances are dramatically reduced .

Pragmatically speaking ...

I always thought that a sun-storm will ruin the sky satellite armada up there and consequently the game in England with its utterly inflated market and teams paying abnormal sums in fees and wages. Looks like it is not the Sun's corona that will do it though, with Burnley speaking about upcoming insolvency ... which is still a bit strange, given the money Sky et al pumped into these clubs. Probably the "downside" of paying inflated fees and wages for average players. Hence, while it may not end the cash bonanza down there for good, it might bring people to its senses. Might also mean that no-one there or anyone else will hand us 20-30m for Alfredo anytime soon.

Likewise, even though money might be tight, clubs could also look for ST renewals earlier than usual and bridge the gap somewhat.

Found it interesting that the EPL players refused evena 30 % pay-cut during the crisis ... even though you wonder what the individual players actually do or want. Not least when you see Alfredo handing money to charities et al.

Ive said it for years if the television money was to stop or even cut by as little as 30% lots of clubs in the English premiership will be in trouble the football authorities are shitting themselves right now at the prospect of having to hand money back to the broadcasting companies but even more so in case the broadcasters say these deals will have to be renegotiated as no doubt lots of people have already stopped paying for something they are not getting 

• Frankie changed the title to When next season eventually comes, impact on transfer fees?