Rangers Management, Players Agree 50% Wage Deferrals

3 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I see the bheasts have announced that their players and executives are all taking pay CUTS as well as further deferrals.

Makes our token gesture of a deferral only look a little lame IMO. 

I hope our players look again at this.

To me this is just a case of anything you can do we can do eeeerrrr better

On 07/04/2020 at 16:45, Bluedell said:

A lot of people outside of the public sector are having to take pay reductions, but players in general seem to believe that they are above doing that.

Why should they? To help fund the shortfall in income that the club are suffering. Some of that shortfall is money that it's extremely unlikely the club will ever see. 

What have bankers got to do with Rangers? There's at least one bank where the CEO is waiving his salary and senior managers are taking a 25% pay cut, but it's not relevant to us. 

The players are lucky that they are in the position that it's extremely unlikely that they will be made redundant as they are financial assets and can be sold by the club and therefore they are in a position of power, hence their refusal to take cuts. The wage deferral is certainly better than nothing but the club will be missing income when it comes to them being reimbursed in July, which will presumably be funded out of next year's season ticket cash rather than the cash being used for next season.

It's good that the club are reducing costs by placing staff on furlough and it's reasonably good that the players are deferring part of their salaries, which does help the supporters if it does delay the renewals as you suggested.

However, ultimately it's at no real cost to themselves so any praise due is limited.

And also politicians who, just having had a recent pay rise now will get a 10% increase due to having to work from home. I would have thought working from home is more likely to save you money.

21 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I see the bheasts have announced that their players and executives are all taking pay CUTS as well as further deferrals.

Makes our token gesture of a deferral only look a little lame IMO. 

I hope our players look again at this.

Whilst, if true (and I believe nothing coming out of that place), it’s a noble enough gesture.... there can be little doubt that it’s little more than oneupmanship against Rangers.

They will forever be in our shadow morally

17 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

And also politicians who, just having had a recent pay rise now will get a 10% increase due to having to work from home. I would have thought working from home is more likely to save you money.

MPs are getting an additional expense allowance and not a pay increase as you are incorrectly implying. MPs at £1,600/week are not comparable to EPL players getting £50K-£200/ week. If you do want to discuss the rights and wrongs of MPs salaries and expenses then take it to the Bluenose Lounge.

Obviously from our financal POV, wage cuts would have been much better.

It means that further down the line we´ll have heavier outgoings at what at best, will be a very challenging time.

Thinking about projected revenue, how is the European question for 20/21 to be resolved regards qualifiers/groups ?

One legged qualifiers played in the artic circle (with an orange ball) ?