44 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Has anyone ever cut their own hair with clippers?  I have a set arriving today and just wondering if it's possible without making a complete **** of it?

I'm thinking my lad (who is eight) can maybe assist a wee bit.

I have a couple of hats, just in case...?

its actually quite easy I have been doing it for years now 

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Has anyone ever cut their own hair with clippers?  I have a set arriving today and just wondering if it's possible without making a complete **** of it?

Yes did it yesterday.

I did a number 4 round back and sides and 7 on top.

Had a few scary moments when it looked like hair was too thick for the clippers but persisted and with a bit of hair wax it ain't that bad ;) 

Tip, put a towel around your neck and best to do on a non carpeted area as the hair goes everywhere!!

Talking about lockdown, does anyone have any idea what Sturgeon's 4 step plan to get out of it is all about. I read it in the paper today but there were so many get-out clauses and qualified uncertainties that no actual targets could be seen. It's a shambles, why do we have to put up with this constant grandstanding?

Gave up after the first paragraph. Platitudinous civil servant new-speak.

Can old geezers go out yet? I’m half hoping not. A life of idleness seems to suit me. On the other hand even my sparse locks need shearing. But I think barbers still have to stay shut.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Talking about lockdown, does anyone have any idea what Sturgeon's 4 step plan to get out of it is all about. I read it in the paper today but there were so many get-out clauses and qualified uncertainties that no actual targets could be seen. It's a shambles, why do we have to put up with this constant grandstanding?

Yes it's,

1. See what Westminster is doing and do something ever so slightly different to justify existence. 

2. Make it as confusing as possible (refer to justifying existence) .

3. Hide the fact that Scotland is behind on testing, contact tracers and plans for care homes.

4. Ignore completely the fact that 850 health and care staff in the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde and NHS Lothian areas will be invited to take part in the vaccine project developed at wait for it...........Oxford University.

I see lots of silly people are ignoring the lockdown advice and heading for breaks at the seaside and other places for outdoor activities  , how silly and selfish of them if people would just bide their time for another couple of weeks. 

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I did mine yesterday ,watched some you tube vids for guidance , was really careful, took my time , and i have to say,.. i'm rather proud of the fact that i managed to fuck up so badly ,but still go to the shops without a hat.

I'm sure your's will be fine though, you've got an eight year old helping you, ..what could possibly go wrong ?.

1 hour ago, compo said:

I see lots of silly people are ignoring the lockdown advice and heading for breaks at the seaside and other places for outdoor activities  , how silly and selfish of them if people would just bide their time for another couple of weeks. 

I agree with you insomuch as there is a lot still to do to suppress infection rates. However, if everyone used a modicum of care and common sense then it should be possible for people to do more safely, than just sit at home day in day out. The big problem we have is that too many people are selfish, disrespectful and plain fucking stupid. Since it's clear the Holyrood cartel isn't going to do shit about them we can almost certainly look forward to a long and restrictive path out of this.

38 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

I'm sure your's will be fine though, you've got an eight year old helping you, ..what could possibly go wrong

My son has definitely inherited my dark sense of humour, so I'm not terribly hopeful regarding his assistance.  I remember my brother and me chopping off the last remaining tuft of our grandpa's hair one day when he was asleep in his armchair.

?

Edited by Gonzo79

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

My son has definitely inherited my dark sense of humour, so I'm not terribly hopeful regarding his assistance.  I remember my brother and me chopping off the last remaining tuft of our grandpa's hair one day when he was asleep in his armchair.

?

I think you should let your son do it in that case , his constant laughter would be your Grandfather finally gaining retribution.?

This is from the perspective of someone that's currently living with the aftermath and complete and utter shame of the self haircut.

You're not a hair dresser ,and no amount of alcohol will make you one either, don't be tricked by the colour coded, idiot proof, comb attachments as they will fool you into thinking that you can't go wrong, and ,just like banging that fat bird when you were sixteen , you'll just regret it in the morning .

Non colour coded ones will be even more dangerous ,because they give off the impression that you might even know what you're doing.

I'm now sporting an unwanted peaky blinders look thanks to them, and my options  in the way of a rescue haircut are now very limited.