I have been a member of Bar'72 since day one. I have a great seat, and if desired, access to a lounge serving food and refreshment. Over the 13 seasons, I have been most happy, every game at Ibrox is on the ticket.

Today's renewal correspondence informs me that Bar'72 will have additional offerings next season :

MC Host and live entertainment.

Upgraded LED screens for match viewings.

Ex-player visits and Q and A's on all match days.

Complimentary drink on arrival(wine, beer, or soft).

Complimentary match day programme.

Complimentary half-time pie.

Personalised membership card and lanyard.

Dedicated account manager.

What I really enjoy about Bar'72 is the freedom, probably I dip into the lounge half-a-dozen times per season. It's there if I want it. The demographic of the Bar is middle-aged to older, a lot of these folks enjoy the heat, it makes match days in the winter months more tolerable. The above changes will make attending more of a corporate hospitality experience. The increase in my season ticket will be approx' 35%. We are talking just over £1,100 to just under £1,500. 

I wonder if the club have decided to maximise income by chasing/discouraging the demographic? There is a waiting list. 

I will renew, but I will not change my behaviour. I value my freedom and do not want to participate in most of the above. I hope a lot of the folks I have met over the years can sustain the increase, but I doubt it. The reason I left the Club Deck back in the day was to get away from the increasing hospitality types, most of them were balloons with a sense of entitlement. It's a bit depressing, where is comfort to be found?

31 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

to get away from the increasing hospitality types

Understandable what you want IMO eventually all areas in premier football will be aimed at these types with real fans getting squeezed out.

It's a huge increase, but perhaps part of it is that it's been great value for money over the last couple of seasons due to the European runs. However that quickly disappears if we get papped out after our first game.

£341 hike, for a shitey pie and a programme, I'm frankly astonished that the club would indroduce this at this time of fear and uncertainty.

very disappointed indeed, that increase is way beyond anything i anticipated.

Edited by gaspard

My old man has a Bar 72 ST and told me about this price rise in January.

Seems quite excessive, particularly in the current climate.

As a person uninterested in programmes, celeb speakers, live entertainment and complimentary pies (and someone who occasionally gets to sit in Bar 72), I tend to agree with the OP.

How much is it worth to see the comeback completed by winning the next league title? That's not a rhetorical question, it's something I've been asking myself? It remains to be seen what the increase will be but I'd find it painful to give up the seat. i imagine that would be the same for most supporters.

4 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I am resolved, a complimentary pie is a threat.

Still, I can utilise my new lanyard to strangle the combination of pastry and nondescript filling.

A slingshot, sir, with which to topple the corporate Goliath who imposes this Philistinism.