Is there an issue with 5G?

59 minutes ago, buster. said:

That isn't at all what I said though, is it ?

Easy solution......Give me the names of the funny right wing comics so I can listen to them

Simon Evans (though he tends to be apolitical) and Geoff Norcott are about the only right of centre comedians that UK tv will afford a platform to.

Norcott being the BBC's favourite fig leaf in their attempts at respectability.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

That isn't at all what I said though, is it ?

Easy solution......Give me the names of the funny right wing comics so I can listen to them

Errr, Nicholas De Santo, Leo Kearse, Geoff Norcott, Simon Evans, Will Franken - All have made it known that they are not left wing, so maybe right, maybe non political, but make a point of saying they ain't tied to the left wing dogma that permeates mainstream TV in the UK. 

12 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Errr, Nicholas De Santo, Leo Kearse, Geoff Norcott, Simon Evans, Will Franken - All have made it known that they are not left wing, so maybe right, maybe non political, but make a point of saying they ain't tied to the left wing dogma that permeates mainstream TV in the UK. 

Thanks for the names.

The text above in bold is another conspiracy theory based mainly on parts of mainstream TV in the UK not being as blatantly biased toward the right as the media many of those on the right think enjoy consuming.

The BBC is a good example.

The Right shout about it being Left Wing,.............that is complete bunkum, balderdash and claptrap !

Are there parts of a huge organisation that may lean left, of course

Can you point to some who works at the BBC who leans to the left, of course.

Can I do likewise but to the right, yes.

Do political programmes on the BBC favour the left, eg. coverage of Corbyn ......NO, the complete opposite has been true. See attitude and coverage of the last Labour leader (who was the first left wing leader of the party in a longtime)........See Offcom complaints that were upheld.

Are  the high heid yins at the BBC anywhere close to the left................No

Are those what you can term establishment interests (heid yins) closer to the right or left..............that is an easy one - Right

Just because not everyone reports like The Daily Mail, The Telegraph, The Spectator, The Sun, The Express, Guido Fawkes and similar.....it doesn't make them communist.

Back to comedy

The idea that UK TV as a whole plots against right of centre comics based on their politics is actually hilarious. It's a paranoid and ingrained conspiracy theory.

I think it's partly to do with a comic who leans right and wants to use political material, has a much more difficult task to make people laugh. Generally, British people don't laugh as much when the less well off are continually the butt of humour. 

Comics that don't make enough people laugh, won't get so many gigs.

Edited by buster.

9 hours ago, buster. said:

Thanks for the names.

The text above in bold is another conspiracy theory based mainly on parts of mainstream TV in the UK not being as blatantly biased toward the right as the media many of those on the right think enjoy consuming.

The BBC is a good example.

The Right shout about it being Left Wing,.............that is complete bunkum, balderdash and claptrap !

Are there parts of a huge organisation that may lean left, of course

Can you point to some who works at the BBC who leans to the left, of course.

Can I do likewise but to the right, yes.

Do political programmes on the BBC favour the left, eg. coverage of Corbyn ......NO, the complete opposite has been true. See attitude and coverage of the last Labour leader (who was the first left wing leader of the party in a longtime)........See Offcom complaints that were upheld.

Are  the high heid yins at the BBC anywhere close to the left................No

Are those what you can term establishment interests (heid yins) closer to the right or left..............that is an easy one - Right

Just because not everyone reports like The Daily Mail, The Telegraph, The Spectator, The Sun, The Express, Guido Fawkes and similar.....it doesn't make them communist.

Back to comedy

The idea that UK TV as a whole plots against right of centre comics based on their politics is actually hilarious. It's a paranoid and ingrained conspiracy theory.

I think it's partly to do with a comic who leans right and wants to use political material, has a much more difficult task to make people laugh. Generally, British people don't laugh as much when the less well off are continually the butt of humour. 

Comics that don't make enough people laugh, won't get so many gigs.

Its the commissioning editors and directors/producers that have the real power and they decide the make up of shows, set the tone and who is in front of the camera. The BBC has been found out and i'm heartened to see the reaction on the "Have your Say" comments field to yesterdays documentary with so many knowing what the BBC is up to. 

The BBC will be stripped of it's public broadcaster role in the years to come of that i am sure.  It's a outdated mode of broadcasting and they will then live or die on their output instead of having a captive audience bound by the licence. 

You can bury your head in the sand and keep on paying your licence fee Buster as it is made for people like yourself. 

3 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Its the commissioning editors and directors/producers that have the real power and they decide the make up of shows, set the tone and who is in front of the camera. The BBC has been found out and i'm heartened to see the reaction on the "Have your Say" comments field to yesterdays documentary with so many knowing what the BBC is up to. 

The BBC will be stripped of it's public broadcaster role in the years to come of that i am sure.  It's a outdated mode of broadcasting and they will then live or die on their output instead of having a captive audience bound by the licence. 

You can bury your head in the sand and keep on paying your licence fee Buster as it is made for people like yourself. 

You think you know what the BBC is up and all other manner of subjects. But really, you alongside many others on here are in the main, just consumers of the propaganda that is regularly churned out by right  wing media / thinktanks / pundits / online loonballs, etc.

This place could be host to a case study.

Back to comedy for a lighter end.......

I coined the phrase the Righteous Angry Mob, it fits.  (Sometimes The Righteously Blind might be more accuarte)

They are like a gaggle of indoctrinated shitehawks descending on a thread and spraying it with open erse cheeks ?