Been watching a lot of old matches recently, and it reminded me how good Ferguson was. Easily the best Scottish midfielder of his generation and IMO a true Rangers great/legend.

I know there are also a lot of negative things aimed towards him from Rangers fans however his Rangers career is up their with the best Rangers players, thoughts?.

Cracking footballer.

Media lapdog.

To be fair, he surpassed his older brother in footballing terms (mainly because he put his career first) but they are both a waste of column inches.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Cracking footballer.

Media lapdog.

To be fair, he surpassed his older brother in footballing terms (mainly because he put his career first) but they are both a waste of column inches.

Agreed.

But talking about his football ability and career he was outstanding, especially in matches against Separate Entity FC and in Europe.

I think Barry Ferguson was summed up when he left Rangers at the top of his game to be an average player in England and return to rangers half the player he had been. The nature of his exit from international football and his conduct during the le Guen era further enhanced his reputation as a downmarket ned.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think Barry Ferguson was summed up when he left Rangers at the top of his game to be an average player in England and return to rangers half the player he had been. The nature of his exit from international football and his conduct during the le Guen era further enhanced his reputation as a downmarket ned.

Still one of Rangers best players though, I can't stand his articles in the Record as he just comes across as a lap dog and not so intelligent, and I agree with your post, but a fantastic footballer IMO.

As you say Ian best player of his generation and a player who'd be in your team every week. 

Been to a few Q&As with players who played in the same Rangers team as him and they all say how good a player he was. 

For DA to not only build a team around him, shows how good a player he was. 

Would take 11 Barry Ferguson's in the team now that's for sure. 

Thinking back to Barry Ferguson, it re-enforces the old adage if you are good enough, you are old enough.

Barry was a real player but also had a real attitude that helped him cope with the huge pressure of playing for Rangers.

I think you need both at Ibrox.

Regards youth development, if they aren´t good enough for the first team sqaud by the time they are around 19, I doubt they are going to be much practical use to Rangers.

The economic fallout may mean more get a chance.

Edited by buster.