Another Board where I look in from time to time has good footage of the 62 (St Mirren) and 64 (Dundee) Cup Finals The Dundee match was a classic partly because of the quality of the Dundee team but the Saints game was pretty good too. Buddies had some not bad players and Beck and George McLean and as usual a ‘keeper playing a blinder.

Other points of note.

Ian McMillan should have been called Ian Magician.

Ronnie McKinnon aged 21 was a colossus of calm.

Harry Davis and Jimmy Millar had more football skill in them than I remember.

Willie Henderson was unplayable.

62 was the first and 64 the third of a three in a row. In the intervening 63 final the opposition was not of the same calibre as the other two. Easy. Easy.

1 hour ago, compo said:

The worst was against Hibs the three game trilogy it was more like an endurance test 

At least we won it in the end !

The end of season league game at Easter Road that season (after the 3 Cup Final matches and losing the league/treble chance) was just more than people were ready to take. I went along and there was literally a sprinkling of folk on the terraces. I sat down with nobody within 10 metres, surreal.

My favourite Cup Final attended was the win over Dundee Utd in 1981.

Like the Hibs Final in 79, it started with a goalless draw. We all went trooping off to the bus dissappointed because Ian Redford had missed a last minute penalty but very glad that he did by HT in the replay.

the league cup final of 1970 it was our first trophy in a while will never forget walking along aitkenhead road after the game and watching a hooped horror heading a lamppost and call stein a big fat useless masonic b&&&&&& ?

Best final would be 5-1 victory over Hearts in 1996. Durie hatrick but still didn't earn him MOTM ?

Worst? The borefest mentioned above against Hibs. Was at the 1st and 2nd replays. Also 3-2 defeat to Hibs in 2016 (both on and off the pitch).

Best, for me, were the 1987 LCF (my first trip to Hampden) and the Lovenkrands Cup Final.

Worst: Losing to Dundee Utd in 1994 - we played well below par that day and should've had another treble.  Ramsdens - no words necessary.  Hibs in 2016 - an awful day in so many ways.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Best, for me, were the 1987 LCF (my first trip to Hampden) and the Lovenkrands Cup Final.

Worst: Losing to Dundee Utd in 1994 - we played well below par that day and should've had another treble.  Ramsdens - no words necessary.  Hibs in 2016 - an awful day in so many ways.

I think League Cup Finals have generally outshone SC finals.

1 hour ago, compo said:

1969 Scottish cup final, say no more

I still haven't got over that one. A really really shit day. I was young and hadn't learned how to roll with it and play the long game.