Season Ticket prices frozen and membership scheme launched

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

With so many people losing their lives, their loved ones, their livelihoods, their jobs etc, and with the continued uncertainty of the virus and on-going measures, puts both the club and the fans in a hugely difficult position when it comes to renewing season tickets. 

I'd have hoped that the club would be publicly trying to get the players to take pay cuts, rather than just asking us to fork out to pay their wages. They seem to be taking the easy option by not doing that.

C1872's Q&A on season tickets will certainly be interesting, and hopefully they'll ask the right questions.

I moan and groan, but I've renewed mine and my sons with the new membership included. 

Fools and there money are easily parted I suppose. Just hope I'm back at Ibrox sometime soon, or if its behind closed doors then they give us access to rtv or summit 

The current situation suits neither club nor fans but it is what it is and the choice is very simple .... renew or don't. But spare us the bleating about it being unfair.

No one is forced to renew and everyone knows exactly why the situation is as it is. The debate about the content of Gerrard's letter is fairly pointless, do we expect the club not to promote ST sales. I mean, come on. The club has no choice but to put season tickets up for sale. I will be buying and I suspect the majority of fans will do so too. Those who don't will not be bad supporters, they just won't have a ST and the club won't have their money. They can go to the back of the queue and buy next time an opportunity comes up. This isn't like buying a pair of shoes, 

I view the ST purchase as my annual cost of supporting Rangers but I don't expect anyone to guarantee results or quality of football. Nor do I expect to attend every game. Last season, for a variety of reasons, I only attended less than half the home games but that was my choice. If the club plays no games at all next season that I can attend then so be it, it won't be because the club wants it that way.

13 minutes ago, blueflag said:

I moan and groan, but I've renewed mine and my sons with the new membership included. 

Fools and there money are easily parted I suppose. Just hope I'm back at Ibrox sometime soon, or if its behind closed doors then they give us access to rtv or summit 

When all said and done (and if Mrs Cammy agrees ?) I'll probably renew as well (don't think I'll join the members scheme unless it helps my RSC), but will understand if anyone doesn't 

24 minutes ago, compo said:

Over 80s should get a free ticket?

You know that's not a daft idea. I think if you've held a season ticket fora minimum of (say) 20 seasons then the club could do worse than make some seats available so that ancient codgers like you could attend up to a maximum of maybe 4 games a season. Say 50 seats and 20 games = 250 ancient codgers rewarded. ?

We are definitely renewing.   I think the club should be doing something for people who can't afford to renew their tickets due to the virus although there is nothing in the process about that.

How much does  the Members Scheme cost?

It's also worth noting that the deadline is the 30th of June so a good bit of time to see what's happening with regard to the pandemic and what's happening with this and next season's games.

21 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

We are definitely renewing.   I think the club should be doing something for people who can't afford to renew their tickets due to the virus although there is nothing in the process about that.

How much does  the Members Scheme cost?

But how does the club distinguish between those who are having genuine financial difficulties and those who just want some money off? I'd like a big yacht and a six bedroom villa in Provence but I'm having genuine difficulties affording it - so I won't be buying. It's always tough times for someone.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

But how does the club distinguish between those who are having genuine financial difficulties and those who just want some money off? I'd like a big yacht and a six bedroom villa in Provence but I'm having genuine difficulties affording it - so I won't be buying. It's always tough times for someone.

I may be naïve but we are talking fans here.  We have no hesitation in renewing with the knowledge that we may never see a ball kicked.  Others will have lost their jobs or their partners due to this and will be financially impacted to the point where they are desperate to renew but financially can't.  It's not about yachts, it is about hard choices like feeding your family or paying for a ticket that you may never be able to use.