Season Ticket prices frozen and membership scheme launched

5 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Really, I don't want to write this; BUT :

Loyalty?

Reference Bar'72, I penned in an earlier piece that I have been a member since day one. There appears to be a recognition/realisation the Bar'72 seats are some of the best in the Stadium. The club want to maximise revenue. Corporate elements have targeted the seats. 

We received an e-mail telling us of proposed Bar'72 improvements? Basically, a complimentary pint/pie/programme, a Q and A with a former player conducted by an appointed MC, a lanyard and attached security clearance card, a designated bean counter, ...... etc. The rise will be 35%, my ticket will be £1,500; thus in cash terms, an increase of in excess of £350. Only when you accept and renew, you receive a PDF brochure. You are informed of a 7.5% loyalty reduction. Further, the increase for the next season will be even larger. Season 21/22 will cost me £2,400.

There is a principle involved here. If you cannot afford either rise, you lose your seat. However, you are punished twice because the club will fit you in, where seats are available. We know there is a waiting list, and those seats available will be few, and mainly in areas of restricted views, poor viewing, and lets say either wing of the Club Deck. Many Bar'72 members are older, on fixed incomes, and would be unwilling to climb several flights of stairs.

I don't think there is any point in raging at the injustices of the situation to the two girls tasked with Bar'72 administration? The decision making exists at a far higher level. 

The club asks for loyalty, you comply, then they punish you twice for your compliance.  

That’s absolutely outrageous, what the heck is happening at our club? Are they so out of touch with what’s happening in the world today?

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

That must be the thick end of £250,000 in 4 days. I'm struggling to see where the value is

There is none, just shut up, pay your money and don’t expect anything for it apart from our thanks and endless sales emails for all our new merchandise, which you can get a small discount on to bring the cost down to extortionate!

And if you don’t sign up you’re not a real fan and you won’t get any tickets.

Edited by Tannochsidebear

1 minute ago, Tannochsidebear said:

There is none, just shut up, pay your money and don’t expect anything for it apart from our thanks and endless sales emails for all our new merchandise, which you can get a small discount on to bring the cost down to extortionate!

I'm quite calm about it. Those who want to sign up, for whatever reason, should be encouraged to do so. For myself, so far, I'm comfortable not becoming a member and couldn't give a fig what anyone else thinks about it. The only thing that might swing it for me is if I needed to buy tickets ... but that's unlikely. What I wanted to see was a decent discount on the Rangers TV subscription but unless I've missed it that doesn't seem to be on the table.

20 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

That’s absolutely outrageous, what the heck is happening at our club? Are they so out of touch with what’s happening in the world today?

All this was decided long before Covid-19 reared its head.

57 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Yeah, it's basically blackmail.

I suppose the club have realised that things might never be the same after this virus sponsors will be spending less prize money meagre as it is will be less European competition may have to be shortened less matches less money again lower money on offer this wont have as much an impact on the so called giants but we are now anything but a big club these days so we have to make hay while the sun shines we might even see the capacity of stadiums slashed .

Look at the greedy league or the English premiership all that money the clubs have raked in over the years and I would bet not one has a healthy balance sheet probably the opposite because they have all been mismanaged for year thinking the gravy train would never stop well it looks like its been derailed and lots of then down south are in panic mode .

:rfc: