Season Ticket prices frozen and membership scheme launched

It's a complete shambles from start to, well, where we are at. It's certainly not the finish.

How can they possibly ask "customers" to pay an average £500 for a ticket to watch matches that they cannot say with any certainty will take place, or that the customers will be allowed to attend?

It's a bawhair short of fraud in my book. 

They have put a deadline of 30 June, so that gives us about 8 weeks to see what develops between now and then regarding the 19-20 season restarting or being scrapped, and any indication of 20-21 starting with fans in attendance.

I certainly wont be parting with a penny until 29 June at the earliest, if at all.

If the club had the honestly to come out and say, we're skint (like every other club), we cant ask you for ST money because we haven't a clue if we will be able to honour our side of that agreement, but we confirm the players have all taken substantial pay cuts for the duration of this crisis, and we would appreciate it if you could give us a donation to ensure our survival through this period. If it turns out that we can allow you in to watch the 19 home games of 20-21 we will deduct your donation from your ST cost. I would send them the £500 today.

I think the club needed to be a bit clearer.

Yes, it's a difficult situation for all and obviously the club need money in short order but with no refund for at least four games from the 19/20 season and uncertainty about next season then I don't blame fans for feeling misinformed at best.

I'll be renewing but, the renewals stuff, along with asking for MyGers and no (genuine) player wage sacrifice means I do feel my loyalty seems to be taken for granted.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I'll be renewing but, the renewals stuff, along with asking for MyGers and no (genuine) player wage sacrifice means I do feel my loyalty seems to be taken for granted

Agree with you regards renewal of ST but probably won't join MyGers as it seems unfair in the way to add points for tickets.

Players taking deferrals is a poor reaction from them regards fans who are losing out on games and many will be accruing losses at this time.

16 hours ago, onevision said:

My 2 ST were auto renewed even though i dont recall ever ticking that box through the years and this being the first time they have been auto'd. Strange.

Same here lol- saying that I might have chosen that option when I moved to Toronto 3 years ago to make it easier but can't remember doing it ?

Reading this thread makes me glad I'm not a season ticket holder.

There's a breaking point for everything, including loyalty (particularly when the team aren't winning trophies).

59 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Really, I don't want to write this; BUT :

Loyalty?

Reference Bar'72, I penned in an earlier piece that I have been a member since day one. There appears to be a recognition/realisation the Bar'72 seats are some of the best in the Stadium. The club want to maximise revenue. Corporate elements have targeted the seats. 

We received an e-mail telling us of proposed Bar'72 improvements? Basically, a complimentary pint/pie/programme, a Q and A with a former player conducted by an appointed MC, a lanyard and attached security clearance card, a designated bean counter, ...... etc. The rise will be 35%, my ticket will be £1,500; thus in cash terms, an increase of in excess of £350. Only when you accept and renew, you receive a PDF brochure. You are informed of a 7.5% loyalty reduction. Further, the increase for the next season will be even larger. Season 21/22 will cost me £2,400.

There is a principle involved here. If you cannot afford either rise, you lose your seat. However, you are punished twice because the club will fit you in, where seats are available. We know there is a waiting list, and those seats available will be few, and mainly in areas of restricted views, poor viewing, and lets say either wing of the Club Deck. Many Bar'72 members are older, on fixed incomes, and would be unwilling to climb several flights of stairs.

I don't think there is any point in raging at the injustices of the situation to the two girls tasked with Bar'72 administration? The decision making exists at a far higher level. 

The club asks for loyalty, you comply, then they punish you twice for your

The cost of failure is getting higher by the season