Season Ticket prices frozen and membership scheme launched

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think standing still with the rate of inflations is going to get us where we want to be though.

Not just the rate of inflation but IMO when/if this virus is beaten I expect massive tax/rate etc. rises to claw back the monies thrown in attacking the virus.

I also expect an increase in unemployment due to the unfortunate situation that will push many firms/employers into closing.

Times are going to be hard but as I have previously posted I am going to renew my ST but not participate in the MyGers issue.

I understand times are tough and getting tougher but I still haven't heard what it is people expect the club to do about it. I've said repeatedly the club should be actively cutting costs wherever possible but I find it hard to encourage it to cut income. Which is why I said several; pages back that fans who can't afford to renew shouldn't do so and those who can, should. But I think it's unrealistic to expect the club to cut prices so that more people can afford anew ST, certainly until it sees how the renewal programme is going.

Edited by Bill

18 hours ago, Bill said:

That must be the thick end of £250,000 in 4 days. I'm struggling to see where the value is

I don't see any value - but I am in the fortunate position of being able to afford it, so will undoubtedly pay it.

The club have made an arse of it.  STs will fall drastically and so will corporate. They have now contributed further by shafting many Bar72 punters to push them out and allow other corporate clients to 'downgrade' their hospitality. The loss will start at the top end and filter down, well heeled chaps or not

Very soon, and more so in 12 months time, the club will see the error of their methods.  And I say that as someone who has renewed 2 Bar72 seats - single season only though.

Watching the prime minister's speech last night I thi k he was telling us there's no cure to this  virus so things  like sports stadiums will now have to operate at well below their capacity a sign of what's ahead lads we better get used to it 

Well well, Rangers sent an email to Bar72 punters (and I assume all corporate bods) today. Effectively an assurance that they will only pay for games they are allowed to attend. As much as this is pleasantly surprising, is it hard to believe they will do this for 'corporate' and not for all ST holders?  At the end of the day, people are simply paying up front to support the club for a full season.

I suppose it is possible the feedback and uptake has indeed failed to match the massive demand they have previously reported and they want more folk to cough up now. But it is a bit early for that.

Dear VIP Hospitality Client,

I hope you and your family are well and keeping safe.

Following on from the Club’s recent communication related to additional discounts for next season (7.5% if renewed by 29th May), I would like to advise on further steps taken by the board to provide additional comfort to our valued hospitality clients.

Whilst their remains a degree of uncertainty around the resumption of football in Scotland and, in parallel, on-going Government and SPFL discussions around the possibility of matches behind closed doors, we would like to provide further reassurances.

In the instance of any home match taking place behind closed doors for season 20/21, we will offer all Seasonal clients a credit on their account to recompense for any ‘lost’ matches. 

This credit will be calculated on a pro-rata match by match basis.

As your package includes all home games that the first team participate in, we pro-rata based on 30 games.  The pro-rata will be calculated against the total amount received for your season place (s). For example, if x 3 matches are played behind closed doors next season, the club will credit this equivalent value back to your account (3 x the equivalent match pro rata value).

As recently communicated we would like to remind you that we have increased our discount, should you wish to pay in full by the 29th May, then a 7.5% discount will be applied.

It is hoped that we may welcome you back for Season 20/21.

Stay safe

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, craig said:

On the official site that they now have 10,000 MyGers Membership subscriptions

Almost half a million pounds. Given the circumstances that's a fairly impressive number.