Commercial update: SD/MASH end involvement with RFC

22 minutes ago, rbr said:

Why don’t we just wait a little while before ripping this to shreds , and just as an aside , at the height of our retail our best ever deal vis JJB was worth £4.8 million a year , £18 million upfront and £3 per year , when Murray sold our entire retail operation .

It actually worked out at over £6m per season with us both going tits up.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Nor do you know if it's actually £20m or some other figure altogether - or whether it has performance targets that allow us to earn beyond a basic value.

I can only go with the smidgeon of information that's been given out and I still think this is a bad deal , but only time will tell ,

31 minutes ago, compo said:

I can only go with the smidgeon of information that's been given out and I still think this is a bad deal , but only time will tell ,

Why do you think it's a bad deal?

44 minutes ago, compo said:

I just think we should wait until we see what the deal actually is before judging it. All we have seen amounts to little more than gossip and could be well wide of the mark. But even if this were to be accurate, which I doubt, then compared to being lumbered with Ashely it is a huge step forward. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Why do you think it's a bad deal?

If the figures quoted then its peanuts four million these days is really nothing in football terms 

As some sort of benchmark, does anyone know what Celtic's latest kit deal is worth, albeit it won't have been negotiated in times like these?

56 minutes ago, compo said:

If the figures quoted then its peanuts four million these days is really nothing in football terms 

In the season at the moment , Leicester city’s shirt deal is worth ......... £4 million per year 

8 hours ago, Bill said:

As some sort of benchmark, does anyone know what Celtic's latest kit deal is worth, albeit it won't have been negotiated in times like these?

There's been a suggestion that it could be up to £30 million over 5 years.