Commercial update: SD/MASH end involvement with RFC

9 hours ago, der Berliner said:

New and rather informative article from Stevie ..

A new commercial era is here for Rangers

https://fourladshadadream.blog/2020/05/03/a-new-commercial-era-is-here-for-rangers/

What does this mean for ongoing legal cases?

It was fellow fan media, the brilliant Heart & Hand podcast, that broke the news that all litigation past, present and future is done. That is huge news and I suppose the devil will be in the detail when the club are able to tell us.

There is claims this has cost us millions of pounds to get out of?

Factually it has cost Rangers absolutely nothing. The new offer on the table wasn’t matched so we were able to go ahead with new deals legally.

Just because we're able to go ahead with the new deals doesn't mean that the court cases have been settled.

22 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Just because we're able to go ahead with the new deals doesn't mean that the court cases have been settled.

I've been told by a very reliable source that the court cases with SD are done and dusted completely.  I have no reason to doubt the information so let's hope this is true.  There is one possible course of legal action still likely and that's for the money owed to us.  I expect the club will make a clearer statement in August about it when the current deals conclude.

I think after all of the false dawns we really need a clear statement from the club confirming all of this.  We just won't (and can't) get it for another 3 months unfortunately.

Superb. I'd say this tells us we have the right people in the right jobs doing the right things at Rangers now.

Edited by Bill

7 minutes ago, compo said:

A five season deal worth twenty million pounds,  sorry I don't think that's a good deal .

No way .

There's a risk for any kit manufacturer getting involved with us, given the recent litigious history with SDI.

Presumably the deal has been done very recently and therefore it will not have the same planning that usual deals have,

Given the above 2 points, that's presumably why the likes of Adidas and Nike weren't involved in the bidding.

Everything has also to be viewed in a post-covid-19 world. Adidas have had to get €3 billion of support, Puma have major financial issues and have to relocate their manufacturing base, putting up costs. It is expected that the US-China trade war may have an impact as well.

I can't say for sure whether it's a good deal or not, but given where we are right now, and the state of the world, it doesn't look to be a bad deal.

1 hour ago, compo said:

A five season deal worth twenty million pounds,  sorry I don't think that's a good deal .

No way .

Nor do you know if it's actually £20m or some other figure altogether - or whether it has performance targets that allow us to earn beyond a basic value.

Why don’t we just wait a little while before ripping this to shreds , and just as an aside , at the height of our retail our best ever deal vis JJB was worth £4.8 million a year , £18 million upfront and £3 per year , when Murray sold our entire retail operation .