Beginning to think the government's been a tad generous in this furlough scheme with 80% of salaries paid to stay at home lots of workers are better off with no travel costs so I think its time to reduce the scheme down to 55% then review it in a further couple of weeks. 

3 hours ago, compo said:

Beginning to think the government's been a tad generous in this furlough scheme with 80% of salaries paid to stay at home lots of workers are better off with no travel costs so I think its time to reduce the scheme down to 55% then review it in a further couple of weeks. 

I don't think it's going to stay at 80% much longer and the return to work might come a lot faster than some think.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Now we have the furlough scheme extended to October a bad move in my opinion , get the people back  to their work .

I think Companies are going to be asked to contribute from August.

50 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

And that's when the redundancies start.

Possibly, depends what industry. There are apparently 6.6m people furloughed from a workforce of 33.4m and some industries like travel have been severely hit, whereas others haven't. Companies will come under intense Govt and media scrutiny if any job losses are seen as excessive, especially as shareholders have been accepting much lower or zero income in light of the crisis so pressure from there would be minimal. 

16 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Possibly, depends what industry. There are apparently 6.6m people furloughed from a workforce of 33.4m and some industries like travel have been severely hit, whereas others haven't.

I work in the travel industry. :/

On 06/05/2020 at 10:14, Bill said:

I don't think it's going to stay at 80% much longer and the return to work might come a lot faster than some think.

Well I got that as wrong as possible.

Slightly off topic but we have people in England going back to work and after a period of received scam calls being recorded messages we received one today from the usual foreign,probably Indian/Pakistani,sounding voice and as usual asking for Mrs. E*******.

Wish these BA****ds could be apprehended.