Castore Announced As Rangers Official Kit and Retail Partner

I am long past wearing a football top so I am not their target customer for replica strips, but if they fill the shops and online stores with other products, like we used to have in the 90's, then I could finally get back to spending money on merchandise. I used to buy tons of branded goods, from the big panoramic pictures to mousemats. It was always worth a wee browse round the shop to pick up another wee gift for myself or my son. I would love us to get back to that scenario.

On the blog interview, it was the ultimate in puff pieces but informative from a PR exercise none the less. I would have liked to have seen a bit more interrogation though. Where was the questions about their being able to afford this partnership? Or being able to produce the quantity of stock that will be required? Or be able to dispatch it quickly and efficiently all around the world? What logistics for world-wide distribution do they have in place? Have a website that doesnt crash when it goes live? All problems we have seen from aligning ourselves with non-premium brands in the past. It seems we are prepared to take another punt with a player who has no idea what is about to hit them. 

As with all new partners/sponsors/players they get the benefit of the doubt to start with, so I wish them (and our club by default of course) every success in this partnership. They dont have long to get everything in place, so I hope they manage to pull this off in time. The Rangers supporters wont be long in letting them know if they fall short of their promises, but we will buy the stuff in record numbers if they get it right.

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I am long past wearing a football top so I am not their target customer for replica strips, but if they fill the shops and online stores with other products, like we used to have in the 90's, then I could finally get back to spending money on merchandise. I used to buy tons of branded goods, from the big panoramic pictures to mousemats. It was always worth a wee browse round the shop to pick up another wee gift for myself or my son. I would love us to get back to that scenario.

On the blog interview, it was the ultimate in puff pieces but informative from a PR exercise none the less. I would have liked to have seen a bit more interrogation though. Where was the questions about their being able to afford this partnership? Or being able to produce the quantity of stock that will be required? Or be able to dispatch it quickly and efficiently all around the world? What logistics for world-wide distribution do they have in place? Have a website that doesnt crash when it goes live? All problems we have seen from aligning ourselves with non-premium brands in the past. It seems we are prepared to take another punt with a player who has no idea what is about to hit them. 

As with all new partners/sponsors/players they get the benefit of the doubt to start with, so I wish them (and our club by default of course) every success in this partnership. They dont have long to get everything in place, so I hope they manage to pull this off in time. The Rangers supporters wont be long in letting them know if they fall short of their promises, but we will buy the stuff in record numbers if they get it right.

Thank you for your positive support! That took a hell of a lot of time to do & we only got 30mins & as you will hear from podcast it’s full 

As for things I didn’t ask, other podcasts have covered it & I chose what I thought was key 

Getting the essentials of the financial aspects was huge & key for this & my aim 

stuff about fan engagement, megastore, Fanzone, kits without logos (something many of us have mentioned in here) is all great stuff 

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Thank you for your positive support! That took a hell of a lot of time to do & we only got 30mins & as you will hear from podcast it’s full 

As for things I didn’t ask, other podcasts have covered it & I chose what I thought was key 

Getting the essentials of the financial aspects was huge & key for this & my aim 

stuff about fan engagement, megastore, Fanzone, kits without logos (something many of us have mentioned in here) is all great stuff 

5 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

I don’t have time/patience for podcasts so I haven’t seen those questions put to Castore or the answers discussed anywhere, (Only use this site) so apologies if I’m behind the loop on those issues.

i agree all the positives will be great stuff if and when it’s delivered. 

I take it your gut feeling from your 30 mins was that they are going to be able to fulfill the promises made? 

it was a great coup for you and your site to get the interview in the first place, congrats for that and keep up the good work. 

One last point , but I think it’s very significant , the stadiums and clubs that Tom mentions that they have been to , Barca , Real , Milan , Liverpool and Man Utd to name some , when he talks about their club shops , what he doesn’t mention is the sheer footprint of these things , Real’s is 3 floors and every floor is massive .

The footprint of the “megastore “ at Ibrox is tiny , and unless they are thinking about moving to where Edinston house is , I just don’t see how we capitalise on the demand that’s about to hit them .