Castore Announced As Rangers Official Kit and Retail Partner

1 hour ago, rbr said:

One last point , but I think it’s very significant , the stadiums and clubs that Tom mentions that they have been to , Barca , Real , Milan , Liverpool and Man Utd to name some , when he talks about their club shops , what he doesn’t mention is the sheer footprint of these things , Real’s is 3 floors and every floor is massive .

The footprint of the “megastore “ at Ibrox is tiny , and unless they are thinking about moving to where Edinston house is , I just don’t see how we capitalise on the demand that’s about to hit them .

It's a good point, the shop (it's not really mega-anything) will have to move if we want to maximise our merchandising effort .... unless there are big plans for online sales and/or a number of other outlets.

The comments regarding worldwide fanbase suggests the focus will be on online retail, rather than the shop at Ibrox.

I don't think the footfall at a physical outlet, on matchdays, is much of a concern, in relative terms, in the modern retail climate and the club should be focusing on other avenues (online, airport shop, higher quality garments etc.). 

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The comments regarding worldwide fanbase suggests the focus will be on online retail, rather than the shop at Ibrox.

I don't think the footfall at a physical outlet, on matchdays, is much of a concern, in relative terms, in the modern retail climate and the club should be focusing on other avenues (online, airport shop, higher quality garments etc.). 

I've a feeling you're right. The shop will be part of an overall sales strategy but nevertheless, like all other elements, it needs to achieve all that it can achieve. We can't afford to have any part of our merchandising platform underachieving and the stadium shop will still be important.

A massive part of this will be fans physically touching and looking at the new Castore clothing , to see the quality fit etc, I don’t want us to end up going to a mega store full of tat 

6 minutes ago, rbr said:

A massive part of this will be fans physically touching and looking at the new Castore clothing

I disagree.  The diadora shirts sold bucketloads and were terrible quality.

The majority of people intent on buying a shirt will buy one regardless of what it looks or feels like - they buy it for one reason only.

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I disagree.  The diadora shirts sold bucketloads and were terrible quality.

The majority of people intent on buying a shirt will buy one regardless of what it looks or feels like - they buy it for one reason only.

Yeah but your basing this on replica shirt sales , I am not , we will make a massive amount of money off Castore/Rangers branded leisure wear , but the point I’m trying to make is you cannot access these anywhere on the high street at the moment .

i don’t shell out 200 bucks on anything I haven’t physically seen or tried on first , that’s my point .

Everyone knows what a replica shirt looks like , feels like etc etc , it’s in your nature to buy them irrespective , it’s the other stuff I’m on about .Thats what will bring in the big bucks imho 

• 4 weeks later...