Castore Announced As Rangers Official Kit and Retail Partner

If only we could get a successful team on the park playing attractive attacking wining football there could be no end to shirt sales along with other merchandise, just been reading that liverpool sold 1.7 million tops alone in the last year .

Having read the 4lads interview with the Castore guy I understand it a bit better now.  I still don’t get why they put 50k on pre-sale if they have 250k kits ready. Make them all available now and get the money in now. 

I would have understood if the presale was just for MyGers members, or season ticket holders, but for just a general sale to anybody why restrict it to a certain number?

I think I was probably right in my first guess in that it was just a marketing move and didn’t need to read more into it than that. After being Badly bitten so many times in the last decade, it makes sense to be very wary of every deal. We can’t afford blind faith any more.

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Having read the 4lads interview with the Castore guy I understand it a bit better now.  I still don’t get why they put 50k on pre-sale if they have 250k kits ready. Make them all available now and get the money in now. 

I would have understood if the presale was just for MyGers members, or season ticket holders, but for just a general sale to anybody why restrict it to a certain number?

I think I was probably right in my first guess in that it was just a marketing move and didn’t need to read more into it than that. After being Badly bitten so many times in the last decade, it makes sense to be very wary of every deal. We can’t afford blind faith any more.

I'd say it was more to do with only having a defined number of units deliverable on Aug 1st and also having qty agreement with distributors and retailers leaving only a 50K limited amount for the pre sale.

no retailer is going to set aside shelf space for a half dozen items - minimum orders will be pretty much industry standard and would need to be guaranteed to ensure our product is widely available on the high street.

Also when making agreements with retailers like SD, Greaves etc they will require sales confidence, if we had , for example, pre-sold a quarter of a million, then retailers would have had much less confidence of footfall and sales.

That said in a covidless planet with more consumer confidence, normal factory output and global shipping maybe we would have see a different marketing strategy.

From the point of view of a vendor, a presale is essentially to provide a tangible indication of demand and to generate a order book against which a higher level of supply can be justified. In many cases it also provides forward funding support for manufacturing, reduced borrowing or can be used to negotiate better supply/payment terms with third party manufacturers. Of course it’s also a way of publicising a new product and stimulating interest but the idea this was nothing but a marketing move by Castore is to be blind to how businesses actually work behind the facade of public relations. To me, this is a good business strategy that benefits all parties. It certainly has nothing to do with shortages or failure to supply, both of which are just figments of anxious minds.