Castore Announced As Rangers Official Kit and Retail Partner

Saw some gossip on social media they will be releasing 2 versions. A more expensive first team one and a replica one. Different quality,  like the rugby tops.

Also reported they confirmed airport shop (and others) will open back up.

Interesting, again tho concept and pricing time should be interesting.

Look forward to your blog Stevie, always like to hear what the real non bs is we get from there.

I'm quite shocked by the level of negativity rattling round this topic about a new kit no one has seen or had their hands on. It's verging on hysteria. No one will be forced to buy any merchandise they don't like or made by a company with an inadequate website. Ffs people, what is wrong with you? So you got up at 7 o'clock and didn't like the show, big deal.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

I'm quite shocked by the level of negativity rattling round this topic about a new kit no one has seen or had their hands on. It's verging on hysteria. No one will be forced to buy any merchandise they don't like or made by a company with an inadequate website. Ffs people, what is wrong with you? So you got up at 7 o'clock and didn't like the show, big deal.

Quite.

This sort of thing happens every year though.

Why does the chance to buy a Rangers strip, or season ticket, inspire so many complaints?

1 hour ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Thanks Stevie, enjoyed reading that.

A lot of positive words from there owner certainly. 

Looks like i was right about a fan appease of orange and the news about different levels/standard/pricing of kit seems to be confirmed.

Interesting indeed, the guy obviously wants to make a success (of course he would tho!) Of this partnership and their money is as good, or the same colour, to use an old phrase, as any other.

Like you say Bill, nobody forces us to buy stuff and for me i will wait till i see the actual strips design and pricing before committing myself to buying.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

It's a football top, that's all. 

Mind you there are those who argue over the "aesthetics" of the training shoe, probably those who agonise over the merits and demerits of the team's kit, and the label thereon. 

Hopefully the new stuff sells in millions, with a substantial -blinding- return to the Club for investment in the playing (and coaching) staff, the things that matter. 

So, after due consideration all round it seems there is in fact no tangible basis after all for the irrational negativity towards Castore that has peppered the preceding pages. It's always good to come to a useful conclusion, although it does still bother me that in a move intended to greatly enhance our financial position, there remains a residual reflex that wants to find some reason to criticise without cause. Rangers has enough challenges, the last thing we need to do is add to it by spreading indulgent and unnecessary negativity.

I also think Castore is spot on with the comment that previous merchandise has often been abysmal. Browsing the Megastore or a Rangers shop was like touring a market stall in Cairo, only with poorer quality. Frankly the prices charged for the quality of product was often a disgrace. If Castore can substantially improve on quality then a few quid more wouldn't be out of order. The fact that Castore in the interview with James Bisgrove a few days ago confirmed a tiered price structure that will better suit all wallets is surely something to welcome.

My overriding impression so far is that Castore have sat down with Rangers and sought to address issues specific to our situation, which makes a refreshing change from the one-size-fits-all contracts we've had to accept from the big sportswear companies.