Halliday, Flanagan and Foderingham to leave upon expiry of their contracts

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I'm in agreement with you, but does that mean we have to thank Joey Barton too?!?  That's a stretch for me I'm afraid.

I'm not saying we have to thank anyone, simply that it's both pointless and inappropriate to criticise them on the way out the door. What does that achieve?

I've never really seen the point in slagging players too much, aye the odd shout or so, but it's not the players who pick themselves to play! the manager should get any criticism for selecting the players. 

On 19/05/2020 at 18:29, Rousseau said:

Does that mean McCrorie steps up to being back-up 'keeper?

I don't understand why we let Wes go. I can't see us getting a stand-in as good as him...unless he didn't want to stay as a 2nd string keeper that is.

3 hours ago, Briton said:

I don't understand why we let Wes go. I can't see us getting a stand-in as good as him...unless he didn't want to stay as a 2nd string keeper that is.

He is a great stand-in keeper for us but you don't save goals while bench warming,he deserves chance to go elsewhere and hopefully become a first team regular.

I don't think there's any point having backups (goal keepers or otherwise) that can't compete for a first team place.  Those not in the first eleven should be fighting for their places.  Wes was never going to become our number one again so he is better away.  I'd much prefer to see McCrorie back and pushing for the jersey.

None of the players we let go were never a serious threat to any of the first eleven.  Good luck to them as I've said, but we need to keep moving forward.

The only slight worry is who will be our No.1 in a year or two as McGregor is 38. Obviously still easily first pick now and perhaps has 2 more years with keepers going on longer but I wonder who we will have after. Wes did well on occasions and was a decent servant but McGregor is world class IMO. Hopefully the conveyor belt of class keepers continues though. 

I was thinking Ojo's loan must be very close to finishing.

I liked Ojo; he gave us something different, and while there is undoubted ability there, he just never showed it consistently.  

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I hope Gerrard isn't contracted to bring in a Liverpool no-hoper every season.  

Must stop he has the contacts there but not getting much joy,even Kent has still to prove he is worth buying.