Halliday, Flanagan and Foderingham to leave upon expiry of their contracts

As in other Transfer topic I echo the sentiments above re Halliday,Foderingham,Alnwick,Holt and Rossiter but not sorry to see back of Flanagan who is never Gers quality.

Hopefully Ono Ojo will be gone with maybe Barker.

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

All Wilson had to do was wait.

For what? till their contracts expired or whatever.

The players knowing now will give them a head start and a chance to negotiate with other clubs.

22 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Thanks to all those leaving and all the very best for the future.

Indeed Cammy, that's the only way to do it. The exit door is no place to select certain players for criticism while thanking others.

Letting Wes run down his contract and not cashing in on him last summer or even 18 months ago was a huge mistake by the club. A once £3M rated player who wasnt in our first team has been fully paid up and allowed to leave for nothing. Not Wes's fault, this one is on the club. I know this pre-dates the current DofF but we cannot afford to be making mistakes like this, it reminds me too much of the Martin Bain era!

11 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

A once £3M rated player who wasnt in our first team has been fully paid up and allowed to leave for nothing.

Deserved to be kept in that manner as he played a HUGE part in us getting back to premier league and hopefully earned more than he would have got elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Indeed Cammy, that's the only way to do it. The exit door is no place to select certain players for criticism while thanking others.

I'm in agreement with you, but does that mean we have to thank Joey Barton too?!?  That's a stretch for me I'm afraid.

As for the current players leaving, this is obviously the right decision.  They'll all find their level somewhere else. They all served the club well and as a fan it's great to see someone like Halliday get to live out the dream many of us have/had.  He will clearly have hoped to have a winner's medal but I'm sure he will still enjoy celebrating in the stands with the rest of us when we get 55.