The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

25 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Some murmurs about Kenny McLean ... check the twitter link below, though not much more info there.

IN -Kenny McLean (28) - defensive midfield - Norwich City - contract till 2021  - LINK

Is this the same lad we let go as a youth team player 

From us to St. Mirren (I think), Aberdeen snapped him when he rose to fame (and we had no money) for 300k and then he went to England. Yet, for one McLean we let go in days gone bye, there are dozens who won't make it and never fulfilled some early promise. Likewise, at times we simply had better people in front of them in the first squad so making a grade with us and/or getting competitive games was simply not on ... 

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Don’t think Kenny McLean would improve us in any way 

I disagree.

McLean has been a regular in the Norwich team playing in the premiership, all be it, they are bottom of the league.  In comparison, Davis wasn't getting a game at Southampton, Goldson likewise at Brighton, Aribo came from Charlton who are near the foot of the championship, Tavernier spent most of his time playing at championship or league 1 clubs, Kamara didn't make the grade at Arsenal.  All of this, taken together, suggests to me that McLean would improve the quality of the team.

NewsNow Rangers brings up this ...

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard is interested in bringing Lyle Taylor to Ibrox in the summer transfer window, according to TEAMtalk.

It has been reported that Rangers are among a number of clubs who want to secure the services of the 30-year-old striker this summer.

Burnley, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Stoke City and Preston North End are also looking into the possibility of signing the Charlton Athletic striker on a free transfer this summer, according to the report.

The 30-year-old striker is out of contract at the Addicks this summer and will become a free agent.

Lyle Taylor at TM

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/05/30/rangers-reportedly-want-an-international-striker-who-rates-joe-aribo-highly/

Edited by der Berliner

16 hours ago, T-1000 said:

I disagree.

McLean has been a regular in the Norwich team playing in the premiership, all be it, they are bottom of the league.  In comparison, Davis wasn't getting a game at Southampton, Goldson likewise at Brighton, Aribo came from Charlton who are near the foot of the championship, Tavernier spent most of his time playing at championship or league 1 clubs, Kamara didn't make the grade at Arsenal.  All of this, taken together, suggests to me that McLean would improve the quality of the team.

If McLeans so good I doubt Norwich would let him go then?

On 30/05/2020 at 23:00, T-1000 said:

I disagree.

Wasn't goldson at millwall. 

Seems not. God knows who I am thinking of. 

Edited by the gunslinger

Any links to possible signings from the Scottish gutter press is  pure guesswork, lies!!, made up shite. As Stevie(4lads) has already confirmed the Scottish gutter press are getting nothing from any Rangers business, the way it should be.