The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

6 hours ago, craig said:

And nobody is denying that - but should we just brush it off with "well, we shouldn't have lost a late goal against Accies" or should we be highlighting what appears to be, at best, incompetent officiating ?

There is a reason we don't get balanced officiating and that reason is, for the most part because Celtic and their fans played a blinder when they forced the ref's strike and everything that happened from that point forth.

Even if we win the league the incompetence won't stop if we don't challenge it publicly.

I'm not saying we should brush anything off. I am saying that if we have to wait until there are no corrupt officials in Scottish football before we can win a league title then we'll never win another one. So we'd better plan of improving our own performances so that we can win number 55 despite them.

Edited by Bill

When you're fighting a stronger opponent, you take cheap shots, hit him when he's not looking and headbutt his trainer.

We need to be nasty as f*ck, we need to fight harder than them and we need to never give in.  

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing much of this from the current board, management or the players (tell Morelos the headbutt thing is an analogy).  

In my opinion we lack any real quality on the park we have a defence that looks like they just met up for the first time in most games a bunch of half backs as soft as teacakes and strikers who sometimes look like the gang who couldn't shoot straight and a manager who cant seem to alter the system of play .

They had better buck up or they will be playing for runners up position again .

2 hours ago, compo said:

In my opinion we lack any real quality on the park we have a defence that looks like they just met up for the first time in most games a bunch of half backs as soft as teacakes and strikers who sometimes look like the gang who couldn't shoot straight and a manager who cant seem to alter the system of play .

They had better buck up or they will be playing for runners up position again .

That's not the team that went all the way through Europe for three season's on the trott though.

IMHO, we got a good bunch of players and need to fill out the quality department somewhat. As we did throughout the years, only in days gone by it was easier to find "that certain" quality at a price we can now afford. Still, if you look those full games of old which appear now, you will see that on the whole, we sure did not play smashing football 24/7 even with the likes of Laudrup, Albertz, Gascoigne and Co.. Sometimes, IMHO, we seem to forget this and these teams also had to grind out results against the likes of Falkirk, Dundee et al.

With Hagi, Kent, Aribo and some others, we have quite a few who have the quality, albeit being a bit raw. Speaking of which, even Morelos is not the finished article yet, but look what he does. What we should do (repeat mode on) though is throwing in certain players who can win us games against those lesser lights teams that will simply club their way through games without being checked by the ref, Rangers players who know what to expect and can cope. That is the likes of Arfield, Jones, Kamberi, and Stewart. Who sure have the quality to beat the dross they are facing (and else wouldn't be at Rangers). In that respect, we sure have tactical shortcomings that need to be adressed.

Meanwhile, it looks like the Scum are now in for Lyle Taylor (and Scott McKenna) ... according to a Jim White tweet (that did not mention us).

Edited by der Berliner

Here's one I noticed earlier as a back up left back, Chris Brunt has just left WBA, good experienced international player, I haven't seen him for a couple of years but surely he could be a good option as a back up if we need to fill the lb position

1 hour ago, Dave M609 said:

Here's one I noticed earlier as a back up left back, Chris Brunt has just left WBA, good experienced international player, I haven't seen him for a couple of years but surely he could be a good option as a back up if we need to fill the lb position

It's definitely a position that we struggled to fill when Barisic was unavailable.

57 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Dorrans, Macauley, Murphy. No Brunt, thanks.

Dorrans/Murphy have  or had no chance to show what they can/could have done whereas McAuley was only brought in as an experienced CB to be used in emergency.

Brunt I have never heard of.