The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

33 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Was he not a loanee same as Ojo,Ejaria and other like failures of that system.

This time at least he is a permanent signing.

Dodoo was on a permanent contract with us

Pleased with the Bassey signing. Don't get me wrong, I knew nothing about him before this but that just tells me that our scouts are doing their job. Gone are the days of Sportscene scouting at Rangers and thank goodness for that. He fits the profile; 20 years old, low fee and wages and lots of promise. 

I've watched a Wyscout video of him and he certainly looks promising. Strong as an ox and he has some engine on him, very fast and better than I expected technically. He could play as a left winger quite easily if need be. And a real left winger who gets to the byline at that. Hopefully more signings like this to come.

According to the not-to-be-named paper, we are seeminglyinterested in getting Bassey's Leicester' 18-year old fellow development-teamer Dennis Gyamfi, a right-back. He's soon out of contract and apparently being chased by quite a few "big-hitters". (NB: Yes, I know the "source", but a rumour is a rumour is a rumour .... )

FF thread

Meanwhile, the Sun claims that we are also chasing Liverpool youngster Rhian Brewster on loan.

4 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Quality over quantity is needed 

Fine for squad & future 

our midfield and right side is desperately weak 

I would welcome if we actually start using the squad, i.e. Polster, Stewart and Hastie ... instead of shoe-horned Aribos, Hagis and a inconsistent undroppable Tavernier ...

7 minutes ago, compo said:

Hope we are not going to become a testing ground for liverpool's young  prospects 

We already are to some extent. The results being more miss than hit. Ojo and Ejaria were found wanting and Kent whilst showing some signs has still yet to prove his worth for me.