The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

It looks like Gerrard is obliged to take a loanee from Liverpool every season, which is a concern.

Kent was hugely overvalued and has largely been a waste of money, in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

It looks like Gerrard is obliged to take a loanee from Liverpool every season, which is a concern.

Kent was hugely overvalued and has largely been a waste of money, in my opinion.  

It looks that way. Not that it would be a problem if we got good players out of it but the results so far have been very mixed.

15 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

We won't win the league then. 

We didn`t twice in a row with e.g. Kent and Morelos and Arfield and ...

Stewart got 24 games last "season" and an average of 26 mins per game. Thrown in every now and then or with a weakened side for 90 mins, didn`t play like Ronaldo and was quickly removed. Despite being a good impact player every time a I saw him, but each game a few mins here and there. Polster played a few times, hardly set a foot wrong (rather on the contrary) yet as sson as Tav was fit, no matter how dire he played, was constant pick. He does "so much" for the team ... only that I don`t see it. He was smashing in his first season, had a good partnership with Candeias (and hardly a good partner after that, granted) ... but ever there was nothing that would make him an instant pick ahead of others. (And don`t come up with his goal tally or assists ... 90 % of his goals of these last 2 yeasons came from the penalty spot and for every assist he has five or more crosses that end somewhere  in Nirvana. Yet if Polster lashes one into the stands, he "is garbage" for eternity.)

Jones, Stewart, Murphy, Polster et al have all what we need to put the Killies and Accies of this league to the sword. But we let Kent and Tavernier and Co. at those team with an end product that is dire time and again.

Peterborough United director of football Barry Fry has claimed agents have told him Rangers are interested in signing 26-goal striker Ivan Toney.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-join-toney-chase-report/

Was mentioned last week, but here we go with at least "half a source". Alas, he wants 15m ... for a striker who`s contract expires next summer. But maybe someone happens by, hands us 30m for Morelos and we get Toney, Dykes and Brewster ... /irony mode off/

Edited by der Berliner

36 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

We didn`t twice in a row with e.g. Kent and Morelos and Arfield and ...

Stewart got 24 games last "season" and an average of 26 mins per game. Thrown in every now and then or with a weakened side for 90 mins, didn`t play like Ronaldo and was quickly removed. Despite being a good impact player every time a I saw him, but each game a few mins here and there. Polster played a few times, hardly set a foot wrong (rather on the contrary) yet as sson as Tav was fit, no matter how dire he played, was constant pick. He does "so much" for the team ... only that I don`t see it. He was smashing in his first season, had a good partnership with Candeias (and hardly a good partner after that, granted) ... but ever there was nothing that would make him an instant pick ahead of others. (And don`t come up with his goal tally or assists ... 90 % of his goals of these last 2 yeasons came from the penalty spot and for every assist he has five or more crosses that end somewhere  in Nirvana. Yet if Polster lashes one into the stands, he "is garbage" for eternity.)

Jones, Stewart, Murphy, Polster et al have all what we need to put the Killies and Accies of this league to the sword. But we let Kent and Tavernier and Co. at those team with an end product that is dire time and again.

Sigh. yet again, dB's anti-Tav agenda comes to the fore.

Polster is nowhere near as good as Tav, and I'd suggest that he's not even as good as Patterson.

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Sigh. yet again, dB's anti-Tav agenda comes to the fore.

Polster is nowhere near as good as Tav, and I'd suggest that he's not even as good as Patterson.

It's not anti-Tav, I just din't see why his - by his own standards - average performances are not under scrutiny more ... or lead to change.

Tav is a modern full back that pulls his weight with goals and assists , his numbers show that , he is right up there .

we did not lose the league because of goals lost , we lost the league because we simply cannot compete with Celtic  with goals from midfield , they completely out gun us season after season , it’s not rocket science , and to come back to the same guy time after time is just boring and pedantic .

We need to have a team that can score from all over the park , we rely on Alfie , when he stopped producing after Xmas , season over , end  off .