The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

It's all about opinions, but I am a Tav fan, he is our most creative player consistently, he is very rarely injured and bombs up and down the right flank all game every game and is by far the best RB in Scotland.

Very skillful & and very strong on the ball.

Edited by ian1964

6 hours ago, der Berliner said:

We didn`t twice in a row with e.g. Kent and Morelos and Arfield and ...

Stewart got 24 games last "season" and an average of 26 mins per game. Thrown in every now and then or with a weakened side for 90 mins, didn`t play like Ronaldo and was quickly removed. Despite being a good impact player every time a I saw him, but each game a few mins here and there. Polster played a few times, hardly set a foot wrong (rather on the contrary) yet as sson as Tav was fit, no matter how dire he played, was constant pick. He does "so much" for the team ... only that I don`t see it. He was smashing in his first season, had a good partnership with Candeias (and hardly a good partner after that, granted) ... but ever there was nothing that would make him an instant pick ahead of others. (And don`t come up with his goal tally or assists ... 90 % of his goals of these last 2 yeasons came from the penalty spot and for every assist he has five or more crosses that end somewhere  in Nirvana. Yet if Polster lashes one into the stands, he "is garbage" for eternity.)

Jones, Stewart, Murphy, Polster et al have all what we need to put the Killies and Accies of this league to the sword. But we let Kent and Tavernier and Co. at those team with an end product that is dire time and again.

I completely disagree. (this is despite my hope that Stewart would succeed as I have a few friends in common with him.)

Jones, Stewart, Murphy and Polster are not good enough. They would get nowhere near Celtic's team and should in turn be nowhere near ours if we want to challenge.

1 hour ago, rbr said:

Tav is a modern full back that pulls his weight with goals and assists , his numbers show that , he is right up there .

we did not lose the league because of goals lost , we lost the league because we simply cannot compete with Celtic  with goals from midfield , they completely out gun us season after season , it’s not rocket science , and to come back to the same guy time after time is just boring and pedantic .

We need to have a team that can score from all over the park , we rely on Alfie , when he stopped producing after Xmas , season over , end  off .

You turn it as if I only go after him and make him the root of all evil, which is a bit strange. I have my reservations about him in the same way as others throw glowing reviews his way,  as you can see above. So be it. Its sure not one player that holds us back, my main bone of contention lies with tactics and selection of players. And I would harbour a guess that not 5 Rangers supporters in one room will agree on either.

I doubt we'd get a much better all-round RB than Tav in the markets we'll be dealing in.  Having said that, him being captain represents an era of failure at Rangers and I wouldn't lose any sleep if we get a decent price for him. 

His demeanor on the park and off it never fills me with confidence that he has any leadership qualities and that's exactly what we need now - winners.

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I doubt we'd get a much better all-round RB than Tav in the markets we'll be dealing in.

If that's true then just give them 10 in a row right now.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

If that's true then just give them 10 in a row right now.

Why because it fits your argument , the stars show we don’t lose more goals than them , the stats also show he’s way above on goals on assists , the problem lies in our goals from other areas .

We need players that ship in with 12-15 goals a season every season , we simply don’t have enough and cannot rely on 1 player .

I wasn’t specifically having a go at DB above , but he highlights the point , the finger gets pointed at Tav , he’s a right back , our midfield compared to theirs lacks goals , it ain’t rocket science .

We need a centre half who can read situations who can command the box tell his team mates off when they dither, we need a half back who's as hard as steel a player who will rattle opposing players to the bone ,we need a player up front who can create space for himself and swoop on any half chances, and a winger who can cross a ball ,get that done and we might pose a challenge. :rfc::rfc:

16 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Sigh. yet again, dB's anti-Tav agenda comes to the fore.

Polster is nowhere near as good as Tav, and I'd suggest that he's not even as good as Patterson.

No way BD.  dB never, ever slates a Rangers player because it is unbecoming of us.... until of course, it suits his/her own agenda :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, der Berliner said:

It's not anti-Tav, I just din't see why his - by his own standards - average performances are not under scrutiny more ... or lead to change.

Looks like being anti-Tav to me.  His standards are scrutinized - how do you know they aren't ?  

Tavernier turns 29 in a few months, and has 2 years left on his deal. We have invested heavily in scouting so in my opinion we should try and get a good transfer fee in for him now before his value dives in the next couple of years and he leaves for nothing. I am a fan of his, but it makes good sense for the club and we have to trust our scouts to come up with a replacement.