The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

8 hours ago, craig said:

a) did you slag Hutton ?  Yes or no ?  The time delay makes your hypocrisy any less relevant ?  Not in my view.  He is but one name..... I have a bone of contention with EVERYONE now and then... and they with me. But mostly we admit to it and accept we are less than perfect.  ~You, on the other hand, try to deflect and deny.  As is your prerogative :D - I am also being civilised - are you suggesting otherwise ?  I also would much rather objective debate than subjective, makes it far easier to actually debate the issues.

b)  Are you a Tim ?  Gerrard cant show you the silverware, which is exactly what a Celtic fan would ask you.  For someone who is clearly a Rangers fan (yes, you clearly are), you are doing a grand job of Celtic fans bidding for them....  OK.  Gerrard cant show us the silverware.... but, to show, yet again, your hypocrisy, I can almost guarantee that if I had the time or inclination.... I would easily find posts from you saying that the silverware wasn't that important but that the progress was (which... BTW, I agree with).  So.… when wil you end your hypocrisy ?  I, for one, believe that SG still sees Tavernier as his best RB by a country mile.  I also think that SG sees Tavernier as his captain.  I also think SG sees Tavernier as his most influential player going forward given his tactics and formation and, for that reason, I suspect that I will see plenty more of your "Tav is shit" or "Polster is better than Tav" posts this year.....  SG has seen Polster for the better part of TWO YEARS in training.... so he clearly doesn't see him as a medium term alternative to Tavernier.... no matter how you try to shape the discussion.

a) not worth any further comment, not least since all you level at me can be mirrored straight back. Not that you would see it.

b) not worth any further comment, not least since all you level at me can be mirrored straight back. Not that you would see it.

b) NB ... I am not even a Christian.

21 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Not sure what your religion has to do with anything, particularly when Craig hasn't mentioned it.

BTW Tim=Celtic fan.

TIL the gang name Toi goes back at least 200 years in Glasgow

Hadn't really thought much about this until the gangs thread, but thought it was interesting enough for its own thread.
The first use of Toy/toi in a Glasgow gang name goes back to the 19th century with the Calton San Toy. The gang name was taken from San Toy, a battle between China and Japan.
"Centuries–old Enemies Gangs have fought over their turf in and around Glasgow since the 1700s, when factions from north and south of the Clyde battled on an island lying between Calton and Gorbals. It would be another 100 years before the gangs made headlines with the formation in the East End of the Protestant Calton San Toy, a name that survives today as Toi. Their enemy was the Catholic Tim Malloys (slang for Bhoys). A Glasgow Catholic is still known as a Tim. Factions based on religion and territory flourished, reaching their apex in the late 1920s with razor gangs such as the Brig’ton Billy Boys. Their grip was broken in the Thirties by the legendary gangbuster, Sir Percy Sillitoe."

https://www.reddit.com/r/glasgow/comments/35zr7r/til_the_gang_name_toi_goes_back_at_least_200/?ref_source=embed&ref=share

.. and I can cite you a few more sources who will tell you what "Tim" usually stands for, sources that have nothing to do with football.

Meanwhile, that Peruvian midfielder of Feyenoord was mentioned as a target and he will leave his club at the end of the month. Dunno whether we are actually interested, of course ..

Reported Rangers target Renato Tapia has decided his future ahead of his contract ending this month – according to Peru’s technical director.

The Peru international is out of contract with Feyenoord at the end of the month and has been linked with a move to Ibrox.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/glasgow/comments/35zr7r/til_the_gang_name_toi_goes_back_at_least_200/?ref_source=embed&ref=share

.. and I can cite you a few more sources who will tell you what "Tim" usually stands for, sources that have nothing to do with football.

That may have been how it was used 100 years ago, but these days, it's used in regards to Celtic fans, and can generally be used without offence being taken. 

It's the same as the use of Hun. It may have been used as a derogatory term for Germans 100 years ago, but it's now used as a derogatory term for Protestant.

In addition, it was clear in Craig's use what he meant.

dB, as Bluedell says, my use of the word Tim was in reference to Celtic fans.  I personally couldn’t care less about someone’s religious beliefs.

I’m also unconvinced that you can “mirror straight back” the comments I’ve made.  I’ll say when someone has had a poor game but I don’t think I’ve ever slated a Rangers player when currently employed by us.  But if you’ve found that feel free to link it to me ??