The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

53 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Reports that we have made a £2.7m bid for Senegalese striker Sekou Gassama.

I saw that. I find it hard to believe given his uninspiring record. 

Rangers have made an approach for Amiens midfielder Bongani Zungu

France Football report that Scottish outfit Rangers have made an initial approach for 27-year-old South African international defensive midfielder Bongani Zungu.

Zungu, who currently plies his trade at recently relegated to Ligue 2 side Amiens, told Get French Football News in an interview last month of his desire to depart the Picardy club.

Under contract until June 2021, Zungu was approached back in January by RCD Mallorca and still has interest from La Liga. 

However, Steven Gerrard’s side recently made enquiries about the player’s quality from various sources.

Strasbourg also like his profile, with ASC seeking between €2m to €3m in order to part with the ex-Vitoria SC talent.

Does anyone know if there has been any genuine interest in Buffalo? 

I know a few decisions against him have been a dubious but those decisions will likely continue into next season.

Can Morelos be our number 9 next year?

IMO, if we go with Morelos, it is essential that we bring in at least another striker of first team quality (not squad player) for both back up and to challenge for the starting spot.

On 24/06/2020 at 10:11, DMAA said:

I'm pretty sure he is being primed to replace McGregor next season. In the meantime it makes sense for him to play every week in the league elsewhere. McGregor was about the same age when he broke into the team, around 23 I think.

There is a comparison here with De Gea and Henderson of Man U. Solskaier obviously prefers the latter to get game time while he matures. He is the same age as McCrorie.

11 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

There is a comparison here with De Gea and Henderson of Man U. Solskaier obviously prefers the latter to get game time while he matures. He is the same age as McCrorie.

Stevie G specifically mentioned in the press conference the other day that he didn't want to be blocking McCrorie's development, so I think you are right.

A season as a first pick somewhere, say another Premiership club or even somewhere down south, would be ideal for him.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Defoe has the quality but doesn't work terribly well with SG's tactics.

That depends, I think.

Defoe is adaptable and has performed well when fit.  The issue for Gerrard is that his attributes are different to Morelos who uses his physicality more in terms of leading the line.  The challenge is therefore adapting the tactical set up to incorporate Defoe, which I feel we did reasonably well in spells during his loan period.