The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

Hastie was - IMHO - signed because he was real raw talent and we wanted to take him on rather than seeing him go to England and then costing millions. I doubt he was signed as a first team starter anyways ... and for some reason, we seem to have a dislike for real wingers to. Hope that changes soonish.

I hope Hastie comes back, from what I seen of him at Motherwell he was decent, strong powerful, an eye for goal. I think the problem last year was probably Gerrard wanting Kent in the door and Allen having to find players as back up for the wide areas so we ended up with Stewart, Hastie, and Jones, all free and maybe not up to the standard we would have hoped, with guys like Jones and Hastie we would have hoped they would have made the next step in their development, looks like maybe Hastie wasn't ready for that and going back to Motherwell where he performed well to get his development back on track, he might never be good enough but at least there he has the chance of hurting teams like Aberdeen and Celtic and we have a recall clause if he is performing well.

It doesn't do these players any harm to go out and get game time with other clubs , Septic have utilized this at great benefit to them , it strengthens other teams against opposition and weakens teams against them .

Hastie was signed for his potential, after good performances for Motherwell at 20 years old.

I do think he was signed too early: I don't think he had actually played that many games for Motherwell? 

This is a good move for him and us. If he can perform well at the higher end of the League, then he can do a job for us. 

4 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

Hastie is officially away back to Motherwell on loan. Strange signing and interesting to see how he gets on back there because their fans gave him pelters when he signed for us

I really hope the club and the fans actually give him a chance. On paper it is an ideal move but loan moves often don’t work out because the club and fans default to their own players whenever they hit a roadbump. 

I like Hastie, he definitely has an ability to score goals that is rare. Being good enough for Rangers is another question unfortunately. Middleton is similar. 

Another loan move will be good for his development. Motherwell should be fighting for 3rd place and getting to the later stages of cup competitions. 

They will have a wee sniff at a few European qualifiers too. 

6 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

Hastie is officially away back to Motherwell on loan. Strange signing and interesting to see how he gets on back there because their fans gave him pelters when he signed for us

It's a good move for him and us, I like when the young players go out on loan, it's a great test for any young player to get the chance of 1st team football