The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

Gif this is true , then this is going to be the most important transfer window in our recent history , I also hope it’s not a long drawn out affair .

This mob are minted but don’t shell out big money on transfers in , I think they have only went above £15 million twice .

52 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I suppose I wouldn't call him a goalscorer -- and, you're right, he does have a wingers game, in a way. His work-rate, movement off the ball, and on the ball is superb. (I'm obviously going on what I saw from Leeds Utd last season.)

I get the feeling SG wants a narrow front three, where they all chip in with goals -- where we're not necessarily relying on one man to get 25+. I think in a narrow front three, Roofe offers the movement and versatility. He can score a decent amount of goals. His record in Belgium is pretty good, so I presume he'd be more than able to cope with our league.

I'm not saying he's the missing piece, but he'd be a very good addition; strengthening the first-team.  

Yeh, I’m sure he would do well but I think I would prefer an out and out striker be signed who can link up well with the midfield. I think I’m a bit skeptical too because English players who made their reputation playing at the top of the Championship are notoriously overrated and poor value. If there is truth in the link he would probably fit the bill for one of the number 10 positions though. 

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Yeh, I’m sure he would do well but I think I would prefer an out and out striker be signed who can link up well with the midfield. I think I’m a bit skeptical too because English players who made their reputation playing at the top of the Championship are notoriously overrated and poor value. If there is truth in the link he would probably fit the bill for one of the number 10 positions though. 

He's not a number 10. He's perhaps not an out and out striker, but he's most certainly a forward that drifts. 

There is certainly an argument to be made for that out and out striker, but I'm of the opinion that having a more mobile forward would be better. 

Saying that, I still think we need to bring in more than one forward; an out and out striker would be top of the list. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I keep hearing people saying he would be brilliant. I have only seen his highlights reel but I don’t see it? He looks a natural winger and not a striker. His record isn’t inspiring either. Is he really hood enough?

I think Gerrard wants the front 3 to be pretty fluid.  In as much they can play in all 3 positions during the game. Roofe would offer that with his versatility alongside Kent and Hagi.