The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

28 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Can’t help thinking Leon Balogun could be our most significant signing of the season if he stays fit

Reminds me of Defoe in some respects. Fitness fanatic, eats well, doesn't drink.

9 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Who gives a flying f**k what they think?

Spot on. If selling morelos means covering the fees for incoming players then who cares. 

The Scottish media may paint whatever picture they like but the bottom line is, as already said by someone else, he is going to be a great profit for our club.

9 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Can’t help thinking Leon Balogun could be our most significant signing of the season if he stays fit

Well, having some goal-scoring attackers (mind the plural) will be more significant, as we far too much relied on Morelos last season.

Balogun had a fine first game and I wonder whether he might actually be part of a 3-man defence test, with Helander in the middle and Goldson and Balogun on either side. Frees one player for a midfield/attack slot, not least in games where the defense is hardly tested, but has to be wary of counter attacks. Right now, we more often than not have 4 defenders and 2 DMs, which in such games hinders quick forward movement as well as reducing the numbers of attackers in the opposition half. And as long as Tav does not deliver a strong show as wingback, I wouldn't mind chopping him for the sake of a right winger / attacker.

Edited by der Berliner

Snatched from FF

Egyptian wonderkid Mahmoud Saber claims Rangers have made him a transfer offer after taking the decision to depart Cairo giants Al-Ahly.

The 18-year-old winger, who can also operate comfortably at full-back, has been called the new Mo Salah, following an impressive start to his fledgling career.

He's opted not to sign a new deal with Al-Ahly and is effectively a free agent and that's alerted plenty of top clubs in Europe and beyond.

And Saber has revealed Rangers are one of the cubs showing interest.

He said: "Because I have never signed a professional contract with Al-Ahly, I am deemed an amateur player and can sign for a new club for nothing.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-makes-Rangers-intent-22487687

"I have offers from Rangers in Scotland, Valencia in Spain and Benfica from Portugal as well as a big club in Tunisia. I will make my decision soon.

"I have European agents sorting my future and I hope to be in a position to sign for my new club shortly."

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Reminds me of Defoe in some respects. Fitness fanatic, eats well, doesn't drink.

I ran eight miles a day every day right up until I was 62 I ate only healthily and in small amounts I have never drank alcohol in my life ,now I suffer two bad hips that cant be replaced because I wouldn't survive the operation due to class four heart failure as well as a badly ulcerated stomach due to all the tablets I have to take so much for being a fitness fanatic ?

Given that the English teams have only now entered the "summer transfer window" in earnest, I wonder whether any EPL team will go after Alfredo soonish.

Regarding Lille's penalties, it is "absurd" that they have to pay UEFA any money (or it is withheld from competitions) when they already have made a loss. Put on its head, Lille would have to avoid a 38m deficit in the next respective period. Obviously, it is Lille's fault, but it does sound strange. 

21 minutes ago, compo said:

I ran eight miles a day every day right up until I was 62

Running is good for the heart but not for the legs/hips.  Humans are designed to run on our toes but because of footwear we don't, which has a detrimental effect on those parts of the body.