The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

21 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

I presume you'll be offering to drive him there yourself :)

? if the money is good, I would trust Ross Wilson and our scouts to do a good job of replacing him. That is all I'll say.

Edited by DMAA

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

If we could recover the fee paid for Kent, I'd be glad to get it.

Surely there are other players we can bring in who can occasionally beat a man and provide assists more often than Kent.

Then why would Leeds be wanting Kent if there is better/cheaper out there?

11 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Then why would Leeds be wanting Kent if there is better/cheaper out there?

The footballing world isn't that simple. Clubs regularly replace players they have sold with better players for less or the same money.

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The footballing world isn't that simple. Clubs regularly replace players they have sold with better players for less or the same money.

I know that!. why should we sell our best players unless we sign better?. Kent, Morelos our back 4 (any perm) right now are our 1st pick players, selling any of them weakens the team, unless we sign better! that is simple!.

Of course unless any player wants to leave and then we get the price the club wants!.

Anyway, every chance it is a lot of garbage.

Edited by ian1964

17 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I know that!. why should we sell our best players unless we sign better?. Kent, Morelos our back 4 (any perm) right now are our 1st pick players, selling any of them weakens the team, unless we sign better! that is simple!.

Of course unless any player wants to leave and then we get the price the club wants!.

Anyway, every chance it is a lot of garbage.

The journalist seemed very confident, but we'll see. If the bid is a serious one, a move to the EPL (and EPL wages) would be too good to refuse for Kent so we would be forced to negotiate.

Personally, I think as a club our aspiration is to become a conveyor belt of talent, a selling club, who back our scouts to find replacements. We have invested heavily in our scouting.

Edited by DMAA

I'd sell Kent and buy Martin Boyle from Hibs and David Turnbull from Motherwell (I think he's quite good, plus lols). We'd probably still have about £7 million left to spend on people I've not heard of.