The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

Ryan Kent keen to remain at Rangers despite Leeds United transfer interest

Marcelo Bielsa has been a keen admirer of the former Liverpool winger across several transfer windows

Ryan Kent neither hopes nor expects to leave Rangers in this transfer window despite interest from Leeds United.

The 23-year-old has long been admired by Marcelo Bielsa at Elland Road and a bid went into Ibrox, around the £10m mark, last month.

However, the Gers knocked the bid back before manager Steven Gerrard addressed the speculation head-on in a press conference, making it clear Kent would not leave easily.

In the days since that first bid, the Whites turned their attention to forward Rodrigo and defender Robin Koch, who were each confirmed at a combined £40m outlay on August 29.

Director of football Victor Orta and his recruitment department have regrouped since those major signatures with attention now, reportedly, on Udinese’s Rodrigo De Paul and Dinamo Zagreb’s Josko Gvardiol.

At some point in the past week, LeedsLive understands Kent and his representatives have made it clear to Orta the wide man would not currently be receptive to a switch south.

The relationship between Kent’s camp and Orta remains very friendly and the player is keen for the director of football not to feel like he is being led on.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/ryan-kent-transfer-leeds-united-18876079

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Rumours circulating that German clubs are now interested in Morelos (Bayer Leverkusen and Stuttgart), although not sure how credible these are.

The more clubs interested can only be a good thing for us in terms of a bidding war - though bidding wars are virtually a thing of the past these days as accepted bids are known right away and clubs just match each other.

Ideally Alfredo stays as he could still, with focus, be the man to lead us to 55.  But if he’s set on going then the sooner the better and for the biggest price possible - in order to allow us to fund that creative midfielder we desperately need.

"They came in with their fee, half of what Brentford paid, their pitch was ‘listen, we’ll just wait to January, and in January we will pre-sign him and you won’t get a pound note. "When you try and negotiate with me like that, all you do is f****** wind me up. I wasn’t born yesterday, I’ve been around the business a long time, that’s probably over £60m worth of transfers I’ve done since I bought Peterborough United.

Another target missed due to Liewell's biscuit tin. Good on this guy for having the guts to expose them too. Hope it hurts their reputation with owners down there.

I thought we might have seen some movement as well, I thought we had money set aside for a midfielder, but if Alfie goes maybe that means other players coming in. It might also depend on qualifying for the Europa League as well, who knows, might mean we can bring in a player of a higher calibre. We need to get it right though, I really don't think we are far away.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Another target missed due to Liewell's biscuit tin. Good on this guy for having the guts to expose them too. Hope it hurts their reputation with owners down there.

Who was this for ?