The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

12 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Daniel Johnson deal done according to their ITK forum member. Announced early next week. 

I had a look at Preston’s forum. If Chip Barm says it’s done, it’s done. 

6 hours ago, craig said:

Watched his youtube vignette and whilst I am always very dubious of those (thanks Sebo....) this boy looks like a player 

Strange-- I wasn't convinced after watching the above clip: he looked slight, and only scored penalties or scuffed shots. 

I've now watched more clips and I think he looks better. He still looks quite slight -- I wonder how he'd cope with our League's physicality -- but has a bit of pace about him, and he likes to get into the box and/or take shots from distance. Maybe not a creative player, but one that likes to get on the end of things. 

Not a bad option to have. 

52 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Strange-- I wasn't convinced after watching the above clip: he looked slight, and only scored penalties or scuffed shots. 

I've now watched more clips and I think he looks better. He still looks quite slight -- I wonder how he'd cope with our League's physicality -- but has a bit of pace about him, and he likes to get into the box and/or take shots from distance. Maybe not a creative player, but one that likes to get on the end of things. 

Not a bad option to have. 

Yeh it is a bit strange. I was hoping we’d be signing a player to go straight into the first team. Johnson is 28 in a few weeks and the fact he is still at Preston suggests he will be coming in to be a rotation player. We’ve signed a 28 year old from Preston before, a hero with their fans, and he was a Preston level player. Having said that, Johnson does seem to have some attributes that we could do with. From what I have read and seen, he is a player who is mainly about his passing and vision and creativity in general, he isn’t fast and isn’t one to be taking men on very much. He would play in our midfield 3 and not as one of the number 10s. If that description is correct I think be a really useful player to have for games where we are trying to break a team down, even if it is a hugely exciting signing. 

Edited by DMAA

17 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Yeh it is a bit strange. I was hoping we’d be signing a player to go straight into the first team. Gardiner is 28 in a few weeks and the fact he is still at Preston suggests he will be coming in to be a rotation player. We’ve signed a 28 year old from Preston before, a hero with their fans, and he was a Preston level player. Having said that, Gardiner does seem to have some attributes that we could do with. From what I have read and seen, he is a player who is mainly about his passing and vision and creativity in general, he isn’t fast and isn’t one to be taking men on very much. He would play in our midfield 3 and not as one of the number 10s. If that description is correct I think be a really useful player to have for games where we are trying to break a team down, even if it is a hugely exciting signing. 

Who's Gardiner?