The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Strange-- I wasn't convinced after watching the above clip: he looked slight, and only scored penalties or scuffed shots. 

I've now watched more clips and I think he looks better. He still looks quite slight -- I wonder how he'd cope with our League's physicality -- but has a bit of pace about him, and he likes to get into the box and/or take shots from distance. Maybe not a creative player, but one that likes to get on the end of things. 

Not a bad option to have. 

If he's young with potential and good sell-on value then I'm on board. Greg Docherty - Rangers through and through - could do all of those above things, so I can only surmise that the club thinks Johnson has greater potential.

13 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

If he's young with potential and good sell-on value then I'm on board. Greg Docherty - Rangers through and through - could do all of those above things, so I can only surmise that the club thinks Johnson has greater potential.

He's just about to turn 28 so he isn't about potential. It seems the clubs aren't agreed on a fee anyway.

Edited by DMAA

11 hours ago, craig said:

Wasnt of significance from what I read from Stevie - just basically that the clubs were denying it and that he isnt ITK on this one.

Aye that is bang on tbf, I just couldn’t be arsed getting moaned at if I wrote about signing stuff 

Turns out from Prestons statement it was bang on 

Still work to be done 

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Mmm... wonder why we let Docherty go then; and if it is about numbers, letting Ross McCrorie go may turn out to be a mistake.

Yeah-- Johnson's 27. 

It's about quality. Docherty and McCrorie are not good enough. 

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yeah-- Johnson's 27. 

It's about quality. Docherty and McCrorie are not good enough. 

Unfortunately I have to agree with you about Docherty & McCrorie although I’d suggest Docherty’s Rangers opportunity came along too early for him.

32 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Unfortunately I have to agree with you about Docherty & McCrorie although I’d suggest Docherty’s Rangers opportunity came along too early for him.

I thought Docherty had something to offer as a player off the bench, but I suppose you need player who can take over in the case of injuries which I don't think he was.

A poster on FF claiming he is friends with a Scottish player at Reading and we are "definitely interested" in John Swift.

He seems well out of our budget to me. Even if he is, I hope it's true we have shown interest because that would be a much more ambitious signing than Johnson in my opinion.