The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

44 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Just noted that Sone Aluko is playing for Reading these days ...

Charlie Adam just left Reading too. Obviously Ejaria is still there.  

Edited by DMAA

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

A poster on FF claiming he is friends with a Scottish player at Reading and we are "definitely interested" in John Swift.

He seems well out of our budget to me. Even if he is, I hope it's true we have shown interest because that would be a much more ambitious signing than Johnson in my opinion.

If Twitter is to be believed Reading have knocked back £6m from Aston Villa for Swift.

13 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

If Twitter is to be believed Reading have knocked back £6m from Aston Villa for Swift.

Yes. We paid £7m for Kent though and if Morelos goes who knows, I think we’d certainly get our money back with this guy. Very unlikely to happen though. 

15 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Strange-- I wasn't convinced after watching the above clip: he looked slight, and only scored penalties or scuffed shots. 

I've now watched more clips and I think he looks better. He still looks quite slight -- I wonder how he'd cope with our League's physicality -- but has a bit of pace about him, and he likes to get into the box and/or take shots from distance. Maybe not a creative player, but one that likes to get on the end of things. 

Not a bad option to have. 

I didn’t watch the one that was posted in the forum.  Was one I saw elsewhere on social media.

Former Arsenal winger 'on trial' at Rangers after turning down new deal at the Emirates

Nathan Tormey is hoping to impress the coaching staff at Rangers' Auchenhowie training base.

Rangers have taken former Arsenal winger Nathan Tormey on loan, according to a report.

The 20-year-old left sided player departed the Emirates after rejecting a new contract earlier this summer.

According to the Sun the player is now trying to impress Steven Gerrard and the Rangers coaching staff at the club's Auchenhowie training base.

Tormey was a regular for the Arsenal U23s last season, and played in the EFL Trophy.

Rangers are also keen to sign a new central midfielder, and Gerrard yesterday issued an update on the club's recruitment. He said: "Everyone knows. It's no secret that we're looking for a midfielder to join us if we can. If we can find the right person.

"If we can't find or make the signing happen that I want, I'm not just going to jump in and take anyone. It needs to be the right person to fill this role.

"So it's a difficult question for me to answer right now, but we are looking to add, to strengthen, but in terms of how many will depend on if there's any action out the door."

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-arsenal-winger-on-trial-18961667

Well, we seemingly lose Jordan Jones to QPR, Barker "can't be trusted" to last a season and Middleton, well who knows what will happen to him. That leaves us with Kent (who will be first pick) and/or perhaps Morelos / Roofe as left sided attackers of a "front 3". Thus, Tormey would be what Bassey is for Barasic. He might be looking for a new challenge, but I can't see anyone replacing Kent anytime soon, so game time might be limited. But just let us wait and see what comes of it and SG will sure say a word or two about the lad.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Well, we seemingly lose Jordan Jones to QPR, Barker "can't be trusted" to last a season and Middleton, well who knows what will happen to him. That leaves us with Kent (who will be first pick) and/or perhaps Morelos / Roofe as left sided attackers of a "front 3". Thus, Tormey would be what Bassey is for Barasic. He might be looking for a new challenge, but I can't see anyone replacing Kent anytime soon, so game time might be limited. But just let us wait and see what comes of it and SG will sure say a word or two about the lad.

I’m guessing but I’d think Daniel Johnson is our no1 target at the moment. I see he was left out today by Preston.