The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

I'm inclined to say that Aribo ain't a CM, much more like a AM.

Jones would have done well yesterday, I would assume, as he harasses people and is a little more direct as Hagi, who again took his time to get going. He ain't a real winger as Jones is though, more the creative type.

To think that we have Roofe and Aribo out there still to bolster our line-up gives you some courage. One slot that ain't covered that well seems to be right-back, but maybe Balogun can ship in there.

I didn't realise that the transfer window closed on Monday night, for some reason I thought it was the 12th of October.

Looking at our current squad I would still like to see Barker, Stewart and Middleton moved on while we bringing in another centre midfielder to help out. I worry about Davis playing 60 games this season so we need someone in the same class as him - which will be difficult to do. 

This is me being greedy BUT I feel we could be doing with a proper goal scorer. While Morelos has played well enough, I don't believe he is playing at his best and I think he is just waiting to see if any moves happen for him before Monday. 

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

I'm inclined to say that Aribo ain't a CM, much more like a AM.

Jones would have done well yesterday, I would assume, as he harasses people and is a little more direct as Hagi, who again took his time to get going. He ain't a real winger as Jones is though, more the creative type.

It seems we see the game very differently. Aribo has played in the midfield 3 every game at Rangers bar a run at the end of 2019 when I think we had inuries. He is a quality player so he did well further forward, but his natural position is as the most advanced player in the midfield 3. He has all the attributes for that role.

As for Jones, I'm not sure how you can say that after Hagi's performance last night. Kent and Jones are like for like, Hagi offers something very different to both, he has the vision and final pass that both of them lack. It's no coincidence he currently has the most assists in the league and he's had 2 assists in 3 games in Europe too. He plays centrally for us, not as winger.

Edited by DMAA

9 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Reports that Besic may be coming on loan. His contract expires in June.

At last!! A rumour!!

I was just thinking how long is it since we had some solid speculation?

(As for Besic, is he not bedevilled by injury?)

Had an ACL injury a few years ago but played 52 games for Boro in season 2018/19.

Only 6 games for Sheffield Utd last season but their fans seem disappointed they didn't make the deal permanent.